Part 1: The Invitation💌

A/N: Hi everyone! This is a story with one of my favourite ships, Hotch and Rossi❤️ I love the idea of the two of them together. Since they're already such close friends, their chemistry together romantically would be off the charts. Anyways, this is part 1 for you guys, so let me know what you think😘 part 2 is in progress
-❤️Mrs. Hotchner-Rossi❤️
———————————————————
Aaron Hotchner's POV

As I sit my office overlooking my team members laughing and interacting with one another, my eyes glaze over them, until I reach one particular figure. SSA David Rossi. Besides Gideon, Rossi was the most seasoned and best profiler in the field, and by all rights, this team should be under his lead, not mine. Soon after Gideon left, Rossi volunteered to come out of retirement to be a part of our team here at the BAU, even though this time, he would be a mere subordinate. The BAU was HIS brainchild, his creation, and in fact was the leader of his own team for decades. When I was a mere student in law school, even I had heard of the legendary David Rossi. Our friendship formed through meeting on several cases, with me being a prosecutor and him being in the FBI. Over the years and even till now, I have gotten to know a lot about him, such as the fact that he has three failed marriages, has a daughter named Joy, how he's an Italian and loves cooking and having a family to look after, how he appreciates the finer things in life, his sarcasm and great sense of humour, how protective he is of his loved ones, and how astute and accurate he is when it comes to noticing people's behaviour.

Lately, though, my feelings towards him have been changing...into something other than friendship. We'll be working on a case together, he might brush my hand by accident, and all sorts of wicked thoughts will drift through my brain, that will occupy my brain for the rest of the day. I would try to hide how preoccupied I would be, underneath work, but I am pretty sure I wasn't fooling anyone, least of all David. That's the thing about working with profilers, is that when your usual behaviour deviates even SLIGHTLY from your usual, they will pick up on it and know that something is off.

I become so absorbed in my thoughts and paperwork, that I don't notice the door opening and closing and someone walking in.

"Aaron?", I hear a voice ask, and I nearly jump a foot out of my chair.

"Wow, someone seems unusually jumpy these days", I hear the voice say again. I look up to see who the voice belongs to, and lo and behold, speak of the devil, it's the very person I was just thinking about, David Rossi.

"Well, Dave, at the very least you could have knocked, alerting me to your presence, instead of scaring me half out of my wits", I say, giving him a look, while trying to appear normal

He simply smirks.

"So, what can I help you with, Dave?", I ask him, trying to maintain a modicum of professionalism

He smiles and asks, "I wanted to know if you would like to come over to my house for dinner?"

"Wait, you mean, like with the team, o-or just with m-me?", I ask, stuttering slightly. Goddamnit, Aaron, if it was with the whole team, he wouldn't come to your office to ask you personally, I criticize myself, giving my brain a mental slap

He walks over to me behind the desk, puts his hands on my shoulders and answers, "Just with you, amore", whispering the last part in my ear, making me shiver. He knows, fuck, he knows, fuck, fuck, fuck. Before I have the chance to respond, he says, "See you at 7.", and calmly walks out of my office with a knowing smile on his face

David Rossi's POV

As I walk out of Aaron's office, a knowing smile spreads across my face, as my suspicions about his feelings towards me have been confirmed. He definitely sees me as more than a friend. For a profiler, he surprisingly has had a hard time hiding his behaviour these past few weeks around the team, and especially around me. He tries to hide behind his work, but the one thing he can't hide is the look in his eyes, and how whenever he looks at me, his eyes darken and smolder with pure lust, desire and love. I can see how much these feelings are taking a toll on him, how he's trying to fight them, knowing that he shouldn't be having these kinds of feelings for his subordinate, how unprofessional it is. Knowing Aaron like I do, I know that he has a hard time expressing his feelings to anyone, even to those close to him, and chooses instead to internalize, of which I have told him repeatedly is unhealthy. But unfortunately, that is how he is, and I cannot do anything about it. I know that when he is ready, he will talk. And when he does, everything will come flooding out of him.
With this dinner, and some wine, I am hoping that he will feel more comfortable and open up to me. We've had many a late night in the office with alcohol, talking for hours. For him to really open up, it takes a bit of alcohol to help him relax enough to talk.
I become so absorbed in my thoughts, that I don't realize everyone is looking at me
"Rossi, you ok, man?", Derek asks, snapping me out of it
I smile and say, "Never better, Morgan, why you ask?"
"You just looked distant, and plus, you had a smile coming out of Hotch's  office", he pointed out
Damn, nothing gets past these people, but then again, with profilers, it's kind of hard to keep ANYTHING secret
Everyone looks at me, with knowing smiles on THEIR faces now
"So, Rossi, DOES HE LIKE YOU?", asks Garcia in a loud eager voice
"Shhhh", I say, even though I know Aaron's office is soundproof, "Yes, Garcia, yes he does."
All the girls squeal in delight.
"Aaaaand, I invited him to my house later for dinner at 7", I say, smiling broadly
If possible, the girls squeal even louder
Derek gives me a friendly punch on the shoulder, and says, "Good for you, man. Make the most of it.", smiling
Reid simply gives me a smile and says, "I'm happy for you, Rossi."
Once the girls finish squealing, they point out that it's 4 o'clock. Shit, that doesn't give me much time, only 3 hours.
"Thanks, girls", I say, blowing them kisses and rushing off
"Go get 'em, Rossi!", shouts Emily and Garcia behind me
"Let us know what happens!", I hear JJ yell
"Will do", I yell back, smiling, "Ciao!", as I rush into the elevator.