Part 4: friends?

We left the cafe soon after i came back from the bathroom. Ellie had a spare skirt in her bag that I wore the rest of the day.

I was dazed for the rest of day. I couldn't believe that I had met him in person. What a coincidence.

-time skip-

Ruels pOv
As soon as I walked into the cafe I felt like something was a bit odd. I didn't think much of it but after I asked the strange girl in front of me for her number it clicked. I couldn't believe that the stranger I accidentally messaged was here the same time I was. And that she was actualy cute.

I'm laying in my bed again, I had just gotten back from a gatho at my mates place. I feel like shit. Lucy somehow found out I liked her and rejected me in front of everybody. I take out my writing book and start finishing one of my new songs.

I've been feeling like it's impossible, to say it all
And I'm loosing all control

Cause I wish that I could break the fall and save it all
I've been holding it too close

Wish I knew what your thinking
Words dknt come that easy
We might be broken by design

My hands start to get a little shaky as my heart beats faster. I really thought I was good enough for her. Shaking my head I decide to go a walk to the warf near my house.

Grabbing a black hoodie and some converse. I grab my phone and sneak out of my bedroom window onto the tree below.

The creaking of the old wood beneath my feet calms me a little. The soft sound of waves below hitting the wooden stands of the warf create a serene playlist to the now setting sky. Messily smudged blues, pinks and oranges make up the sky in. Front of my, making my hazel eyes appear more bright. I sit at the edge of the water, my feet dangling over the edge.

After a few minutes of calming down I decide to leave. As I'm about to pull myself up I feel my phone vibrate.

Amalie
Hey, do you wanna meet?

You'd don't have too obviously

Me
Yea sure, I'm at the warf

Amalie
Oki see you in 5

Hopefully she can make me feel a little better.

Amalie pov

I throw in a quick outfit and make my way to warf at the end of my street. I don't know why I messaged him. It was impulsive, i don't even know what we'll talk about for God's sake.

As I approach the warf I see a tall figure in a black hoodie and trackies at the end

As I approach the warf I see a tall figure in a black hoodie and trackies at the end. He must have heard me approaching because he turns around and begins to walk to over to me.

Even from here I can see his hands shaking. His eyes look a little red and his cheeks are flushed.

"Omg are you okay?" I say after I get closer to him. He opens his mouth to say something but then thinks better of it. He gestures for me to come sit with him.

"What do you wanna talk about hmm?" He says, his voice breaks slightly towards the end

I study his features again, taking in his long lashes and untamed eyebrows that rest just below his parted dirty blonde hair. How is he so good looking?

"I'm not sure to be honest" I say softly, carefully analysing his features still. "I was bored and you came to mind as someone to talk to I guess"

He chuckles "at least I wasn't your last choice as well" he says bitterly under his breath.

"What do you mean?" I turn my body to face. "Ruel what happened?"

"Doesn't matter, plus why would I tell you, I only just met you!" I flinch by the hostility in his voice

"Look I know we don't really know each other but, and trust me I'd like to get to know you but You dont Have to be such a dick to me" I reply. He turns his head back to the water and clenches his jaw.I'm honestly hurt by how annoyed he sounded. I know we dont know each other very well but I was thinking we could've become close friends.

When he doesn't reply I begin to stand up, grabbing my phone off the warf I stand to turn around, only to feel his warm hand wrap around my wrist pulling me back.

"I-I'm Sorry, Lucy found out I liked her and she freaked out." He said, his voice coming our soft an hurt.

"Hey, it'll be ok" I turn towards him with my arms open. I heard I give good hugs to people wen their sad or upset. He looks at me first in confusion before wrapping his long arms around me, he rests his head onto my shoulder and holds me tight. I could get used to this. Wait what am I even thinking.

"Look if she can't see how amazing you have proven to be then she isn't worth it okay?" I reassure him. God I can't imagine how he feels right now. Sometimes I'm glad I've never dated anyone before, and other times I wish I had someone to cuddle and talk to at odd hours.

I feel him nod his head and I start to release him. We both look at each other, exchanging small smiles and looking back to the water.

"20 questions?"

"What?" I say confused. I turn to look at him with my brows scrunched together.

"You said you wanna get to know me, do you wanna play 20 questions?" The sun has nearly set when he says this. Km reminded that I should probably start heading home soon as well. I really don't want to face the consequences of being out too late. Plus I shouldn't risk getting in trouble for a stranger. I turn to ruel and see the last bit of sun reflecting off his now golden hair, he pulls his hand through the strands, trying and failing to get it out of his face. His usually brown eyes are now a bright green, reflecting the colour of a new leaf. He looks at me waiting for my reply. My mum would kill me if I'm home late.....

"Sure"