Chapter Three: The Banquet

Note: I forgot to mention that in this book, Jungkook, Jimin and his stepbrother are in a man bun.

⊱ ──────────── ⊰

Jimin disliked how your nails digged harder at his uniform. However, he couldn't seem to let your body go, especially not in your current state. For all he knew, he could have left you drown in fear as you were the last person he cared about, but the moment he saw the terror in your eyes, he couldn't help himself but to bow down and have you succored.

"Let me escort you to your room, my lady," Jimin suggested, standing up while lifting you by your arms at the same time. However, your knees were suddenly weak, thus your legs wouldn't grant you to stand and take steps. He noticed how you struggled to carry your frame up, so he insisted, "May I have the goodness to hold you?"

"Yes, please," you let out in a faint tone, nodding your head. The next thing you knew, his firm hand was already placed at the small of your back, and his arm slithered its way beneath your knees, lifting you effortlessly as though you were a piece of cotton ball.

Your arm wrapped strongly around his neck, and your chest was pinned closely to his. You were practically breathing his breath, as he was too close to you. He was the first man to hold you with intimacy, not even your past lovers have touched you so familiarly before. You loved the feeling of security when he held you, and how you wished it could last.

Your eyes travelled up to take a glimpse of his almost flawless face; from his chiseled jaw, to his beautiful plumped lips, perfectly-shaped nose, and a pair of dark brown eyes. You couldn't deny the physical attraction you felt for the man, as he looked even more gorgeous with his hair tied up. Never you have thought a man would be drop-dead gorgeous in a man bun, but it had turned into your favorite thing. Although what immensely bothered you was how his eyes seemed so cold and forbidding.

Jimin was able to deliver you to your bedroom in less than five minutes. He gently placed you down the mattress and adjusted his wrinkled uniform. "I'll send Anais to help you prepare for bed, my lady," he said, bowing his head down before aiming to exit the door, but you interrupted him even before his hand finds the doorknob.

"Please stay, Jimin," you said, a strong eagerness evident in your tone, "I would like to have a word with you." You sat up on your bed, fixing your dress slightly as you put your feet down the floor.

"You must rest," Jimin insisted in a deadpan manner. He walked over to you, your eyes following every step he made. "I believe it can wait for tomorrow."

"No. I am not tired," you assured and gestured him to take a seat down on the couch near your closet. He immediately obeyed your orders, and he let himself sink in the couch. "Thank you for being there for me," you said, full of boldness.

Jimin maintained a straight face. "Don't thank me, my lady. It's my job to take care of you." He continued assessing you from meters away and let more of his thoughts run on his mind. Seeing you in your fragile state increased his desire to destroy your family and bring you down, especially that he found out how extremely powerless you were. All your mighty acts were just an act, because now in his eyes, you were merely just a frail girl who couldn't fight back, at least that was what he thought.

"Tell me more about yourself," you said, turning your head to the troubled man. Jimin wasn't expecting you to take an interest in him nor his life, but he had to cover himself and keep a low profile to be less suspicious. Telling a little lie won't hurt, he thought. "At least tell me how old you are, your hobbies and interests, and something about your family."