Chapter 2

As the night went on, my sister's' grip around my neck finally alleviated. I wriggled away from her, my mind still filled to the brim with the thoughts regarding the dream. I walked over to the window, pulling back the curtains, allowing them to fall behind me. I looked over the quaint little town and smiled at the sight. The only lights were the faint orange glow of the fading candles in the street lamps. The little houses were like those you'd find in the set of a doll trinkets. Some were falling to bits and pieces, while the others were freshly built. I turned my gaze to the lush, thick, evergreen forest. Oh, how I long to be in those woods, feeling and smelling the bark of the trees and the wild golden honeysuckle.
        I imagine myself sitting in a tiny cottage deep within the forest,going out to explore the world, being as free as the flying raven. Instead, I'm stuck here in this dreary, damp, cobblestone castle. I have no chance of leaving. Every day of my life has been planned out for me, I cannot do anything that I wish to do. The only time I ever have actual time to myself is after the witching hour. My father dictates everything that we are to do. I love him with all of my heart, but I cannot stand him at times. I despise how he tries to settle me with arrogant, brainless, men. He should know to let me make my own choices by now, for I have turned down every suitor he has brought to me. I'm an Independent, grown woman. I can make my own choices. I can rule my own life.
     I swung my feet over the ledge, kicking my feet back and forth in the chilling, swirling night air. I allowed the air to brush against my legs, making the hairs stand up. I quivered a bit, rubbing my arms together, the friction of them rubbing creating a dull heat. I began to lose the feeling in my nose and cheeks, so I decided to return to my bedchamber. I quietly tossed my feet back into the room, gently pressing them onto the freezing floor. A sharp chill ran through my body as my feet hit the floor, but I brushed It off. Brushing my wild hair out of my face, I sleepily shuffled back to my bed. Lizzy was drooling onto my pillow, which made me scrunch my nose in utter disgust. I pushed her over and slid into the comforter, the fluffy, warm blankets swaddling my body as a mother would her child. My eyelids began to grow heavier as I struggled to force them open.  I soon dozed off, returning to a deep sleep.