~Prologue~

"Together, we are the Spider. I'm its head, and you're the legs." said a young ravenette, Chrollo, to the group assembled before him.

The group before him consisted of a tall woman with blonde hair, a man of small stature, a tall muscular hairy male, a guy with a topknot, a wide hulking man and a petite young woman with pink hair. 

All of them there were natives of Meteor City, known as the "junkyard of the world", where people from everywhere could come and leave anything they wanted to abandon there. From trash to weapons. Babies to dead bodies. All of it, the inhabitants of Meteor City accepted it all. 

The black haired male continued, "The legs do what the head says. But there will be times when the legs are more important than the head...If I die, someone else will take over. My orders are of utmost priority. My life is not. Be sure to make the right decision."

The girl with the pink hair, Machi, found herself staring at the man. He seemed so intriguing.... different. His aura showed no sign of stress or tension, despite all the eyes of eccentrics focused all on him. But to her, he didn't seem all that trustworthy.

"Is that Chrollo....?" The guy who'll be our boss? Give me a break...."  Machi mumbled to herself, despite finding his words and composure impressive.

The other woman with the blonde hair, Pakunoda, overheard her, but she too was as equally as surprised and said nothing.

"I'm only a part of the Spider. What's important is the survival of the whole, not the individual..." Chrollo confirmed

"Never forget this"

Machi didn't completely trust this man, but her intuition told her that she could trust his current words. Besides, at this point she didn't have anything else to lose, so along with every other person in this compiled group of misfits, she agreed.

Little did she know, this would change her life forever. Not only because of the forming of their group, the "Phantom Troupe", but her meeting with this peculiar man...

...Chrollo

{Admin: Hey everyone that is reading this. This is my first time writing a fanfiction or basically any story, so this may not be the best thing you've read, but I'm giving this my all... So please stay with me until I finish this, Thanks for putting up with me}