Chapter I

It had been about a few weeks since the founding of the Troupe. In those few weeks, Chrollo had recruited a few other natives of Meteor City, including a cheerful blonde male, Shalnark, and a tall muscly, eyebrowless blonde, Phinks.

Machi still wasn't very trustful of the leader, but at least, trusted him a bit more than a few weeks prior. He'd proven to at least be prominent in nen ability and he, in fact, was more capable as a leader than she had thought. 

                                                                                             ~~~

She was milling about, waiting for a few of the Troupe members to come back with supplies, so their assembled group of thieves could finally leave Meteor City. Pacing back and forth while mumbling in annoyance, she waited impatiently their return. Unknownst to most, she was quite an irritable girl. Yet, she tended to keep a cool and calm head most of the time. But today was different. She was restless and couldn't keep still as she was eager to leave the literal trash dump of a city where she called home. Sure she'd come accustomed to the constant heat and environment of Meteor City and there wasn't anything that could hold her back from doing whatever she'd wanted. But those were also the very reasons she wanted to leave. To feel the thrill of something new. Different.

"Agh!" she wasn't watching where she was walking and stumbled backward as she ran into a tall figure standing in front of her "Watch where the fuck you're going..." She mumbled as she brushed her unruly pink hair out of her face. She looked up at whom she'd just bumped into. She froze.

It was Chrollo.

She hesitantly looked up and then glared directly in his obsidian black eyes as if she was challenging him.

With a mild look of surprise, Chrollo stared back. There were a few seconds of silence. "Heh..." he began to laugh a bit, amused by her attitude towards him

She narrowed her eyes at him, "What's so funny, huh?"

Chrollo wiped away the slight tears of laughter, "Haha...I'm sorry...It's just..." He gave her a soft smile "I guess, you're just unusual. Very bold. I... like that..."

Machi looked at him with wide eyes. A bang of mixed feelings of anger and confusion hit her. She was not used to people that weren't intimidated or at least offended by her straightforward, provocating temperament. But above those, she felt an unknown emotion stirring in her, which she tried to ignore as much as she could.

She stood there, frozen in place. Unsure about what to say, the pink haired girl bit her lip and turned her head away, "Tch..." she mumbled, not noticing the slight pink that was forming on her cheeks.

"Hey!!! We got the supplies!!!" Shouted a bubbly male voice.Machi snapped out of her daze. Her head turned towards the voice.

Seeing that it was Shalnark, along with the other two who went with him for supplies, she slid down the trash pile she was perched upon and stormed over "About damn time!" She snapped, swiping one of the bags from Franklin's arm. She huffed in frustration, just before letting out her anger at the three.

She crossed her arms and sighed in exasperation. Though she seemed to have complete concentration on scolding the three, there was one thing that she couldn't get off her mind. Not exactly a thing...A Someone.

That very someone was standing in the same place as before, observing the petite, pink-haired girl with interest. He felt an unknown sensation that twinged in his chest.

A feeling he never felt before, a sharp, but warm feeling, when he talked to that girl who sparked a flame in his heart...

The girl who was the only colour he saw in his world of black and white.