Chapter 1

The moon glowed high above the pine forest, a glowing orb that filtered through the black darkness, slicing through even the dense clouds that wafted around it. A small shape was huddled up on a branch looking at the sky. He was made entirely out of patchwork, and had dark red claws instead of paws, three on each foot. The moons soft and serene glow reflected off of the zipper on his tail and made a small button on his flank shine like a star.

The trees were lit up by this light, and as the figure watched, it made the trees almost glow. Looking down at his claws, they reflected his nervous face. It wasn't normal for the moon to be this bright. It wasn't normal to have no stars.

"Zipper!" A voice below made him jump.

It was a small white and brown dog, terrier like, scrabbling at the bottom of the tree with bark showering everywhere. His ears, nose and his right paw were a dark brown, as well as two spots above his blue eyes. He had a beige flash on his chest and a beige stripe just above the brown left paw. A dark brown stripe started from the edge of his neck and down to the tip of his otherwise white tail.

"Oh it's just you, Stan." The now dubbed Zipper sighed.

"JUST me?" Stan mocked Zipper. "what, did you expect El or something?"

Zipper frowned and blushed at the thought of the small, grey fox.

"No... I meant... Well it doesn't matter. We just have to find out what's going on. Where are the others?" Zipper jumped onto another branch below the one before; this one had a hole in the trunk into which zipper dove in to. A few moments later, he reappeared at the bottom of the trunk and out through a hole hidden by some ferns.

"Well Duke's looking for a new home after the flooding incident and Element's helping him, Tyrone is probably messing around in the marshes, I heard him earlier saying he was going to find marshmallows." Zipper smiled, amused, then shook his head, remembering what had to be done.

"You go get Duke and El. I'll get Ty" and with that, Stan could only blink into the darkness as Zipper's claws clicked softly as he ran.