Eins

Hoseok was ill. Very ill. He had a really rare desease. The IPF.

Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) scars your lungs and so reduces the efficiency of your breathing.

Hoseok has this desease for some years now. It came to the point that he wasn't able to live his life normally and do what he loves.

His start of life was very hard. He was an orphan, he had no family. Nobody wanted to adopt him as a child. Nobody befriended him.

In middle school he discovered dancing. So everytime others were playing with their friends, he was dancing.

He made his first friend in first weeks of high school.
One day, a really smart guy called Kim Namjoon came up to him. He was new in town and didn't know anybody. He said Hoseok looked like a nice kid, just too alone. So he went to him.

At first, hoseok didn't really like the idea of having a friend. But as the year grew older, he started to like the smart kid.

They grew really, really close during high school. Hoseok also tried to teach Namjoon some dances, but the clumsy guy just tripped over his own feet, so he just watched everytime.

Except for both of them growing close during the years, it became harder and harder for Hoseok to breath.

First just when he was dancing or running. But after time went by, also when he was just walking up the stairs.

He kept it a secret from Namjoon.
Or at least, he tried to.

It just needed a few days to get through unnoticed, then Namjoon came up to him.

Namjoon was just on his way to Hoseoks apartment as he heard hard breathing and coughing. He went up a little faster and saw Hoseok standing there, holding onto the railing for support.

,,Hey dude, everything okay?"

He said as he approached him.
Just as Hoseok began to talk flushed a sharp pain through his lungs. He started to caugh so badly that Namjoon took him to the hospital.

Not long after Hoseoks arriving, came the doctor and explained to Hoseok and Namjoon what IPF does, and sadly, that it can't be cured.

After hearing the news, Hoseok kept silent for days. No, not only days, weeks. He didn't talk to Namjoon nor the doctor. He had to stay at the hospital.
The doctors were able to slow down the worsening of Hoseoks condition.

Mentally, Hoseok was a mess. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't dance anymore. He couldn't do what saved him as a child. He needed to cut off his passion.
He got depressed. Because of Namjoon Hoseok got to be the ball of energy and happiness he really was.
Hoseok didn't smile even once after he got diagnosed. He was just lying there on his hospital bed, eyes glued on the ceiling and some stupid annoying thing in his nose for better breathing.

There was nothing Namjoon could do. Of course he tried to cheer Hoseok up. He tried everything. He also tried to dance for Hoseok, but everything that happened was Hoseok screaming in tears that he needs to leave.
It hurt. It hurt so bad to just watch how one's best friend falls apart.
He also couldn't visit everyday any longer because he was going to be transferred to another university in America. But he wanted to help Hoseok, his one and only best friend.

So he thought. He read a lot.
Nothing seemed to be a good idea.

But one night at 04:00am, he found an article.

An article about robots.