Spelled(?) | Carlos

When Carlos heard the Mal's proposal of a love spell, he had been ecstatic. Even though he knew the cookies weren't for him to use, he knew he had to use them; he wouldn't have a chance with (Y/N) otherwise. He knew that there could be repercussions, but he didn't care. He craved for your attention, for you to love him like he loved you.

Carlos snuck around the corner, light on his feet. It was crucial that no one saw him, this would never work if someone did. He swiftly glanced behind him and dashed into the kitchen, where the cookies were stored. He dashed over to them, thinking of all his fantasies with her coming true. Being able to go on romantic dates with her, laughing with her, then falling asleep listening to each others heartbeats. One side of his mind was screaming that this was a bad idea, but he brushed the thought aside, determined to have at least a day with her.

The next day the weight of the cookie in his pocket seemed to weigh his entire spirit down; this is what he wanted, right? He looked up to see Mal spelling Ben, hope returning to him as he saw the effects of the cookie working on Ben. With a revived determination, he sprinted off to where he knew (Y/N) would be.

He rounded the corner, spotting (Y/N), "(Y/N)! Over here!" Catching her attention, he sped up his pace in order to get to her quickly. Once he reached there, he bent over in exhaustion, not realizing how hard he had been running.

"Carlos! Hey! What's up, why are you so tired?" She questioned, placing a caring hand on his shoulder. He glanced up at her, questioning if he should really do it or not.

His thoughts gave him a last shove, "Would you like a cookie!" He sputtered out quickly. (Y/N) raised her eyebrows, not understanding his fast speech. He took a deep breath, standing up straighter. "Would you like a cookie?" He said coherently, offering her the cookie that had been weighing him down. A small smile crept its way onto (Y/N)'s face, happy that she had been offered a cookie.

"Sure!" She exclaimed, cheerfully taking the cookie from his hand, taking a bite out of it. Carlos held his breath, excited and terrified simultaneously at what would occur next. "Tasty!" She lit up, "Did you make this? It's really good!" A confused expression took over Carlos' face, this was not the same reaction that Ben had.

"Do you feel, weird? Like anything's different?" Carlos questioned.

"No? Why would I?" (Y/N) asked suspiciously,

"N-Nothing!" Carlos squeaking out, not wanting his true intentions to come out, "I gotta go train for the game, bye!" He finished incoherently, running off.

__

Carlos barged into Mal's room without knocking, causing Mal's head to shoot up from her spell book. "Why didn't it work?!" Carlos paced around the room frantically.

"Why didn't what work?" Mal questioned, a concerned look quickly spread through Mal's face, had he done something to ruin the plan?

Carlos looked up, feeling caught. He was such an idiot, he knew that Mal would yell at him if he tried to spell (Y/N), and here he is crying to her.
"N-nothing!" He exclaimed quickly, trying to cover up the marks he's made. Mal quickly shot him a look, forcing him to tell her what he did. He sighed, and confessed. "I tried to spell (Y/N) with the love cookies that you made for Ben, it didn't work though."

Mal shot an unbelieving look at him, "Why would you give it to her you idiot! We're here on a mission, not for recreation!" Mal looked up from her spell book, yelling at Carlos. Carlos stopped in his tracks, looking up at Mal.

"It's not my fault I have feelings, unlike you." Carlos stated in a low tone, looking down at Mal. Mal shot him a glare, looking back down at the cure for the love spell. Carlos instantly felt guilty, but was too prideful to admit his fault.

"Since you won't leave until you get answers, the spell only fails if the recipient already feels romantically about you. Now please, get out." Mal said, no traces of emotion lacing her voice. Carlos' eyes widened, not believing what he heard. He raced out, the statement Mal just said circling throughout his mind. He would apologize to Mal later for his rude remarks; for now, he had business to attend to.

__

"(Y/N)! Wait up!" Carlos ran through the hallways the next day, determined to face his fears and confess to her.

"Hey, Carlos! I forgot to thank you for the cookie yesterday, it was really good. Do you have any more?" (Y/N) beamed at him, clearly in a good mood.

"O-oh, yeah, of course! I'll get them to you tomorrow. I actually have something to tell you!" Carlos sputtered out.

"Yeah?" She replied, focusing on him, only making his nerves go even wilder than they already were.

"I like you" he shot out quickly, crossing his fingers that Mal was telling the truth.

"Wait, really?!" She almost screamed, a huge grin spreading across her face.

"Yeah, yeah! Of course!" Carlos nervously almost screamed back, an even larger grin spreading across his face.

Without hesitation, (Y/N) pulled Carlos into a tight hug, burying her face in his shoulder, memorizing the moment. Carlos relished at the fact that all of his dreams are coming true, being able to hold (Y/N) close to him and having the pride of saying that she liked him.

It was a dream come true