Chapter 1: The Beginning

*5:00 AM, Thursday, Your POV*

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock and of course I have a massive headache. I knew I shouldn't have stayed out late. Who ever I brought home from the club last night is gone. No shock there. I stumble out of bed and throw on a sports bra and some black leggings, throw my hair up into a messy bun, and go to the kitchen. I take some meds for my hangover and find some food. Sam and Jake walk in and look at me.

You: "Yes?"
Sam & Jake: "Nothing."

     I ignore them and continue to eat. Kat walks down, I smile and put my headphones in. I can't stand Sam and Kat's morning talks. Kat suddenly taps me.

Kat: "Kylie hurry up and eat I need to talk to you."

     Kat suddenly then runs upstairs. I hurry up and eat and rush up to Sam and Kat's room. Kat sounded extremely excited when she said we needed to talk. Now I'm extremely nervous to find out what she has to say.

You: "Hey. I hurried. Is everything ok?"
Kat: "I heard Jake tell Sam how hot you looked this morning."
You: "So?"
Kat: "We all know you like Jake."
You: " no I don't."
Kat: "It obvious your not over him like you say you are."

     Kat's right. I'm not. But all I  am to Jake is his best friend's annoying twin sister, so I ignore him and have one night stands to act like I don't care. Truth is I do. A lot. It hurts knowing I'll never be good enough for him. To know I'll never be pretty enough, or funny enough, or smart enough, or anything. I constantly watch girls try to hit on him and get with him every night, it hurts to know they have a better chance then me. He always shuts them down, and goes to Gabbie. Gabbie is one of his Best friends, they swear nothing is going on as Gabby has a boyfriend but we all know that something is going on. No one, including me, really likes her though. She's cheating, and just not a good human being overall. (SIDENOTE: No hate to Gabby! I love her! She is amazing! But for the sake of this story it needs to be like this!) No one has any idea what Jake sees in her.

You: "Whatever I'm going to the gym. I need to burn off all this fat I have."

    I turn around and walk out the door before Kat can object or say anything else. It's easier to do this than listen to her tell me different. I go to my room and change. I throw some old work out clothes on, pull my hair up into a high ponytail, grab a water,my phone, and my keys, and head out. I jog to the gym since it's only down the road, I get inside and of course all eyes are on me. A group of guys try to show off and start to whistle at me, and start cat calling me. I put in my earbuds and roll my eyes. I start my work out when suddenly I feel someone grab my butt. I turn around and one of the guys was standing there. I take out my earbuds and brace myself.

Random: "Hey sexy thing, I'm Nathan. But you can call me your boyfriend."

     I try to smile and be polite. But screw it.

You: "I won't be calling you anything. Don't you ever touch me again. Don't even thi-"

     Before I can say anything else someone walks up behind me grabs my waist, and kisses my head.

Unknown: "Get away from my girlfriend. And don't ever think about touching her again or else."

     The voice was familiar, but I had never heard this side of it before. I turned around and there stood Jake. I couldn't help but form a smile. He smiled back. God, I love his dimples. I blush at the thought, but immediately stop realizing I'm standing there staring at him like an idiot.

Jake: "Sorry. I knew your brother would have killed me if I didn't step in. And you can wipe the smile off your face, this will never happen again."
You: "Sorry. I was ju-"

     Before I can say anything else he rolls his eyes and walks off. I don't understand how one minute he can be so nice and sweet and then the next be so cold and heartless. I decide I have had enough of the gym and put my earbuds back in and begin the jog back to the house. I get inside and see everyone in the living room watching Rick and Morty. I see Kat, she smiles and waves me over. I take out my earbuds and head over.

Kat: "Sit down! How was the gym?"

     I look at her and wonder if she knows and if she does how. I don't sit because there is no room. But I'm not going to tell her that.

You: "Interesting. I'll tell you and Dev about it later. I'm going to shower."

     I wasn't going to shower but it was the first excuse I could think of that would get me out of watching tv, so now I looks like I'm showering. I go up to my room and find some clothes. I walk past my MacBook and see a text from Brennen pop up

*Texts*

Brennen: "Hey, wanna get some lunch? We can go to tender greensss!"

     I smile and laugh.
*Texts*

You: "Sure I'll meet you there at 12."

     It's currently 10:45 so I have some time. I check Instagram and my emails and then head to the bathroom with my phone and clothes. I close the door, but I don't lock it just in case Kat or Devyn came in. They always come in for the most random reasons, and the boys know not to come in if one of us girls is in the bathroom. I turn on the water, get undressed, and get it.

*After my shower: Now 11:15*

I get out and wrap a towel around me. I check my phone and wipe the mirror of the fog. I hear the door knob turn. I assume it's Kat or Dev so I just keep looking at my phone.

*Jake's POV, 11:10*

I heard the shower stop. And figured I'd give it a few minutes before going in, that way I could avoid Kylie. I scroll my phone for a min and decide to go to the bathroom finally. Kylie took forever. I would have went downstairs but I didn't feel like seeing the couples cuddled on the couch. That stuff annoyed me.