↳ backstory

CORA SALVATORE
backstory

 CORA SALVATORE  《 backstory 》

EARLY
LIFE

Cora Salvatore was born in Mystic Falls on July 25th, 1842 in the woods of the small town, originally named Emilia Landry. Her biological mother, Viviana Keeling, was a powerful witch that was being exiled for her witchcraft instead of being hung or torched. Due to her being pregnant, the witch made a deal with Giuseppe Salvatore; once she gives birth, she will leave town unharmed but she leaves her child for he and Lilian to take care of. Wanting to keep her own life, Viviana agreed to the deal.

The young child had her name changed and completely cloaked from her family of wolves on her father's side, Sebastian Landry. Unfortunately, Cora lives a miserable life under Giuseppe and Lilian Salvatore. She was mistreated by her adoptive father due to the blood that runs through her veins and Lilian paid no attention to the daughter she hardly cared about. Having to put up with those parents, Damon Salvatore practically took care of her along with their younger brother Stefan Salvatore. The trio stood by each other's side through everything, even during Giuseppe's abusive stages. Cora loves her brothers dearly and would do anything for the boys. Although, the truth remained untold and Damon was burdened with the secret.

As they grew older, the Salvatore brothers wound up in Katherine Pierce's business and ended up falling in love with the girl. However, no matter how much they loved the girl, they would always make time for their lovely sister, and Katherine despised her for it. As a result, the girl treated their sister poorly while creating a plan to destroy the girl's humanity-by turning her into a vampire. Her plan had succeeded, but it cost the lives of the brothers who also turned into vampires. As a new species, Damon and Cora set off on their own, leaving Stefan since he had forced them into fully becoming vampires.

Damon and Cora had stuck by each other for many many years, but there were years where they split up once she had discovered her ripper side. She was abandoned by her brother and was forced to learn how to control her devilish side on her own. During her times alone, Cora found love, but it was only temporary. Hearts were broken, love was made, but nothing was set in stone for the Salvatore. For fifty years, she had never stayed in contact with her brothers until she heard where she could find her brothers. Where it all began.

IN
MADNESS

The vampire had found her way back home in Mystic Falls, the place she dreaded, and reunited with her brothers after half a century of not being in contact. Unfortunately for the Salvatore, she was dragged into supernatural drama that concerned the doppelgänger Elena Gilbert and her friends. Cora, for the sake of her brothers, decided to help her brother's girlfriend along with her friends, but that only meant helping them had consequences: one of them being brought back to her ripper days and remembering her past lovers.

She was compelled to forget about the men she loved, Elijah and Klaus Mikaelson for her own sake and she had no idea of what they meant. Cora grew to hate the Original hybrid regardless of their love history and saw him for what he was as herself instead of her ripper self. However, there was still a dim lit flame between the two and the Salvatore tried her best to blow it out, but she didn't realize how strong her love for Klaus was.

Along with going down memory lane, the Salvatore faced more consequences. As each stacked up it resulted in one good thing to come out of it for Cora: the cure to vampirism. Cora was, of course, skeptical of the liquid that can cure the thing she hated the most about herself, but was not expecting it to change her life completely.