1.

"Hannah is so hot," Richie exclaimed to his friend group as they all walked into their very last class of the school year

Edith couldn't help the scoff that escaped her mouth and the eye roll that soon followed.

"Seriously, what a babe!" The boy gawked at the girl letting his mouth fall open.

"I guess," A sigh escaped Edith's lips as she took a seat at the back of the class.

Bill slid in the desk beside her and gave Edith a small smile.

"S-She's not that P-Pretty," Bill attempted to soothe the young girl, knowing she had a major crush on Richie, which he was oblivious to.

"Do you need to borrow my glasses is that what's happening right now?" Richie removed his glasses and held them out for Bill to take.

"Richie, just shut up," Stan also offered some sympathy to the girl.

"So, what's the deal this summer?" Edith questioned.

"It's not like your mom ever lets you leave the house in the summer anyways," Eddie spoke from a couple desks up.

Edith groaned but before she could open her mouth to protest, she sighed. He wasn't wrong. She had been friends with these losers for 3 years now and her mother had only once let her meet up to hang out with them, and that was only because it was her birthday and her mom was feeling generous.

"This year is gonna be different, I'm a teenager now!" She declared.

"Barely," Richie laughed.

"Pay attention, please!" Their teacher scolded bringing the group out of their conversation.

The class went on and finally, after what felt like an eternity, the dismissal bell rang. Edith jumped up from her seat and raced for the restroom hoping their was a stall open.

As Edith finished her business and was preparing to leave she took notice of a few girls, including Hannah Dawson, the girl Richie was oh so in love with, bullying another girl.

She stood there mouth wide open, gobsmacked that the girls could be so cruel. She continued to watch but couldn't hold her tongue anymore as the girls went as far as to pour trash on the unknown victim.

"Hey, just because your personality is absolute trash, doesn't mean you can treat people like it!" She raised her voice, catching the attention of everybody in the room.

They were silent at first, as if pondering over their thoughts before Hannah spoke.

"Mind your own damn business, freak,"

"You see, that's the thing, I just made it my business," Edith clicked her tongue as her frustration grew.

"Whatever, loser," Greta barked, as she and the remaining girls quickly left the restroom.

Edith waited a moment before she heard shuffling and the stall door opened. She smiled as Beverly Marsh, a girl she had in a few of her classes walked out.

"Thank you," Beverly returned the smile.

"It's no problem, they're bitches." Edith let out.

Beverly nodded her head and chuckled.

"That they are."

The two stood in silence for a moment before Edith decided to speak.

"I should really get going, maybe I'll see you around." She again smiled at Beverly.

"Yeah, I hope so, see ya." Beverly waved at the girl.

As Edith made her way to the front of the school she was immediately met with Henry, her brother Joseph, and the rest of the assholes bullying her friends. It wasn't so much her brother, because he knew they were her friends, but he was still allowing it to happen.

"Stop!" Edith ran in front of Richie, shielding him from Henry's reach.

"Oh, hey, Edie (pronounced ED), still hanging out with these losers?" Henry questioned her smirking.

"Can you seriously stop?" She grabbed his upper arm gently and gave him puppy eyes, hoping to get through to him.

"Whatever," he sighed and rolled his eyes "Next time you losers won't be as lucky." Henry and his gang strolled off.

The losers thanked Edith, who only shrugged, and informed them it wasn't a big deal. The young girl knew Henry would stop because deep down, even though he refused to admit it, he had always had a soft spot for Edith, one that she used to her advantage from time to time.

Please give me feedback, opinions, and any mistakes you notice.
Word count: 710 words