Jonathan's Route

The horde of zombies came onto the group as you kept an eye out for the stone mask, carefully dodging any who came too close to pinning you down, you visibly flinched once you saw Dio's condition of being split vertically. You only dodged another attack as your hamon filled whip cracked against the many zombies surrounding you, making their bodies crumble or briefly burst into ash, you carefully observed the battle between Jonathan and Dio occasionally, bringing out your dagger and slashing it against any zombie pouncing at you whilst filling the dagger with hamon. Hearing Dio's and Jonathan's war cries you could only gape at what you saw next, the bright energy radiating from them was nearly blinding that you could barely make out Jonathan's fist braking through Dio's block, then you saw it, the mask. It was tied to Dio's waist on the backside–recalling the order he gave to the zombies you momentarily realized he only said that to throw you off and put the mask on you himself-, it was safe in a cloth, running over you shout,"Jonathan! The mask!!","(Y/N)!?", Jonathan exclaims as you leap at Dio, grabbing hold of the mask, "I WILL NOT DIE!!".

Dio shot out energy from his eye managing to hit Jonathan's palm as Jonathan's other hand reached for you, "(Y/N)!!!", within that moment you froze.

×....×

In that moment Jonathan grabbed your bicep just as Dio shoved the mask on to your face only to miss when he tried to smear blood onto the mask, he was barely lucky enough to take the bandana on your opposite bicep as he fell to his death, tears filled your eyes when you watched as Dio's eyes briefly gave away what he felt in that moment, betrayal of a friend and heartbreak of a potential lover. Jonathan pulled you up carefully as you drop the stone mask and leaned into Jonathan's embrace, you both stared into each other's eyes before slowly looking over the railing, tears fell out of Jonathan's eyes, "Dio", he mournfully spoke as you let your own tears continue to fall as he leaned his body into your own as you let out choked sobs while you two slowly fell to the ground. "(Y/n)", Jonathan softly calls to you, "It's over Jonathan, it's over, you can rest now, solo descansa", you whisper into his ear running a hand through his hair, stifling your sobs as you quietly sang to him.

The group stayed at the Inn Poco lead you to at Windknight's Lot, you sat outside looking at the rising sun, the day before you were given the honor of destroying the mask that would've shed you of your humanity. Sighing you heard familiar footsteps behind you, "Good morning Jojo", you heard a chuckle, "A bit early to say good morning (N/n)", he makes his way beside you, looking up at him you smile weekly, "It is...", you trailed off as you stood up tipping your hat. You both stared at one another, "Jonathan / (Y/n), I - oh, you can go first", you both simultaneously spoke, you stared that one another before you both laughed, "Please go first Jonathan, I only wanted to ask if anyone else was up", you sigh, "Oh well, (Y/n) I...", he paused before taking your hand in his own, "I wish to get something off my chest", he confessed, and immediately you felt your heart pound against your rib cage. "(Y/n)...", he looked deeply into your eyes tilting your head up, "Jonathan", you whisper gently, "I am deeply in love with you and I have been since we were young, I just hopped to find the right time to tell you and this journey gave me the push I needed to tell you, I am so sorry for holding this in for so long", a smile - no a large grin- formed on your lips while tears gathered in the corners of your eyes, "Jonathan, I love you too!", you leaped onto him wrapping your legs around his waist and arms around his neck burying your own face in his neck as your hat was knocked off.

Jonathan swore he heard his heartbeat in his ears as he listened to your joyous laughter before his own laughter joined in with yours, you were so thrilled as you pecked him with kisses all over his face until he set you down, you both stared deeply into each other's eyes before leaning in, Jonathan's lips met your own so gentle yet it harbored so much passion. Unknown to you two, the others watched silently from the Inn, "Should we~", Poco trailed off curiously as Speedwagon only chuckled, "Let's not disturb them, the love they hold for one another is a sight to behold, let them enjoy this moment", Tonpetty said as he smiled down at you and Jonathan, two young lovers embracing and bounding their souls.