chapter 4

—y/n's pov

The day finished and i went back home, I was happy cause I had finished my first day of school and it was Friday, what a lucky girl. When I entered I didn't hear my mother voice asking how had my day been, in fact she wasn't at home but she left a note on the table.

'Hi honey, you're probably wondering why I am not at home, well, I've a very important meeting with some business people and I will come for dinner, I've left you some food at the fridge. You should hang out with your new friends and ask them to show you the city, you'll surely have fun, I love you'
                                                                         - Mum

I sighed, she knew I wasn't that kind of person, I didn't like to go out or just meet my friends, I hadn't tho. I took my lunch and went to my bedroom, that day was going to be so long.

It was 6:00 pm and I decided to do what mum said although I didn't really know where would I go. It was a sunny day, so I decided to go to the park, I wasn't expecting to see someone of my school there but surprisingly there were a lot of people, my eyes found the seven guys that had accompanied me that morning.

One of them noticed I was there and I acted like I hadn't see them. To be honest I was really curious and I wanted to know why there were so many people there so I walked towards the crowd. I could see Yoongi there, he was talking with someone I didn't know, I realized it was a basketball match when I saw Yoongi wearing a red t-shirt with his team's name and the number 3 at his back.

I felt someone touched my shoulder, I turned back and it was Namjoon. At first I was confused, I didn't know what he wanted, then he without saying anything held my hand and took me to another place, where the views were much better.

"Thank you" I said, he didn't answer me but asked me a question "what are you doing here?" "I was just bored and I thought I could go out and know the city better" he snorted.

Then I remembered I wanted to ask him to tell me about his father but the match started and Namjoon made a gesture of silence. I didn't know anything about basketball so I was constantly asking Namjoon if Yoongi's team was winning.

The match ended, Yoongi's team won 79-65, he didn't seem too happy to win, was him always like that? I walked towards Yoongi and congratulated him, he looked at me and gave me a little smile.

Then the other boys congratulated him except Namjoon that was staring at me. He wasn't smiling but he wasn't mad either, he was completely expressionless. I really didn't care and I approached him.

"Can I ask you something?" he doubted but finally accepted "what is it about?" to be honest I was afraid to ask him that cause I knew it was a very sensitive question but I really needed to do it.

"Hmm, can I ask you about your father...? Katherine told me that he died when you were fifteen... I was wondering if you could tell me more about it and how have you soothed your pain."

He just laughed, but I could feel the pain in his laughter, I was starting to regret what I asked, I had re-opened a scar that was possibly closed. "Why do you want to know that" I just looked at the floor, some tears felt of my eyes "my dad died when I was also young, but I have never known how to overcome his loss."

"I'm sorry I know how much pain you have been trough, I can't talk about my father loss tho" it was completely understandable. "It's okay, I'm sorry for asking that" he nodded and went back to the point where the guys were.

Namjoon's pov

I really felt so bad for y/n, I had been through that situation and it was so difficult to overcome someone's loss, more if it is your father's one. However I wasn't ready to talk about mine, not yet. Then Jungkook's voice caught my attention.