Tragic

(The next day)

Aunt Idalia headed to James' again and Jake came over to hang out. We were watching TV when I got a call.

Rayanne Doctor

Hello?

Hello, is this Rayanne Lynn?

Yes, who is this?

Dr. Holland, I called about your aunt.

My aunt? What about her?

She's in the hospital with a coma.

W-what?

Please get here as soon as you can. Goodbye.

B-b-bye.

End of phone call

"Hey, what's wrong?" Jake asked pulling me into a hug.

"My Aunt Idalia is in the hospital." I managed to get out. I was sobbing and Jake was hugging me.

"Call Ryder, Kitty, and Joe, Please." I asked starting to calm somewhat down. I heard a car park in the drive way and a knock on the door. I went and opened the door.

"JAMES!" I cried, hugging him. James hugged me back tightly.

"Come on. I'll take you to the hospital. Is Jake coming too?" James whispered. I nodded.

"They said they'll meet us there." Jake said walking over to us with my purse and keys.

"Thanks." I mumbled. Jake grabbed my hand and James led us to his car. Jake and I sat in the back. I cuddled into Jake for comfort, which he did. I fell asleep quickly, snuggled up next to Jake.

Jake's P.O.V

"Is she sleeping?" James asked me. I nodded and looked down at the sleeping angel next to me.

"Ida's in a coma, so I'll be watching over Ray." James said with a hint of sadness that seemed like he was trying to hide in his voice.

"You know, she talks about you two a lot." I told him. Earlier, Rayanne was telling me how her Aunt Ida and James are like her parents. I thought it was cute.

"Really?!?" James asked surprised. I don't know how he doesn't see it. Lately, that's all she talks about.

"Yeah." I responded.

Rayanne's P.O.V

I wake up to Jake shaking me.

"Hey, We're here." Jake told me. I get up and get out of the car. We start walking inside and I subconsciously grab Jake's hand.

"Are you okay?" Jake asked quietly so James wouldn't here.

"I guess. I mean the one person who's be a constant in my whole life is in a coma." I said just as quiet. We walked up to James, who was at the front desk.

"Sir, your not family, there for I cannot tell you." The lady told James.

"But I am." I said to the lady. She looked at me and glared.

"And who are you?" She asked rudely. I glared back at her.

"Rayanne Lynn, Idalia Lennox's niece. And I want to know what room my aunt is in." I stated. I just want to see my aunt. 

"Fine. She is in room #305 on the 2 floor." The lady said rudely again. I walked quickly to the elevator and pushed the up button. Jake walks over to me and wraps his arms around me from behind. I lean into his embrace, enjoying the warmth. 

"I'm gonna stay by your side through this all, I promise." Jake whispered, placing his head in the crook of my neck. James walked over to us as the elevator doors opened. Jake let go of my waist to grab hand and walked into the elevator.

"Until Idalia wakes up, you'll either have to stay with me or have someone stay with you at the house." James told me. I nodded and snuggled against Jake.

"I can stay with you at your house if you want

"I can stay with you at your house if you want." Jake whispered to me. I nodded into his chest. The elevator doors opened and we walked out. We found room #305 and knocked on the door. A few seconds later a doctor came out.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Holland and you must be James and Rayanne." Dr. Holland said shaking our hands.

"Yes, how is she?" James asked. Jake was rubbing my back comfortingly and  I started to shiver, get cold.

"Hey, do you want my hoodie?" Jake asked me.

"No, I'm fine." I said, still shivering. Jake took his hoodie off anyway and gave it to me.

"I don't want you to be cold." Jake said, helping me put on the large hoodie. 

"Thank you, Jake." I smiled softly.

"You're welcome, Anne." Jake smiled back. James walked back over to us.

"They're not sure if she'll wake up." James whispered.

"Oh god." I cried. Jake grabbed me softly and held me closer to his body. I started sobbing when I hear Ryder talking to James.

"Hey, Ray. Come here." I hear Kitty say. I turn around and see Kitty and Joe standing behind me with open arms. I ran into their arms and sobbed.

"Shhh...We're all here for you." Kitty whispered. Joe was comfortingly rubbing my back.

"Ray!" Ryder cried out. I ran into his arms.

"I'm scared." I whispered to him.

"I know, I am too." Ryder whispered back.

(A/N)

Sorry its shorter than normal. I just wanted to get a chapter out for you 😁