~42~

(Camila's POV)

Camila watched in adoration as Lauren and Sofi talked to each other. Sofi was animatedly explaining how she can't wait for Christmas and what last Christmas was like, while Lauren just sat at the table and listened with a sweet smile.

"And then Austin got me a pretty dress" Camila noticed how Lauren instantly tensed at the mention of Austin's name.

"Austin is nice. Where is he now, Mila?" Sofi asked. Camila saw how Lauren's shoulders dropped as her gaze fell to the floor.

Honestly, Austin wasn't a terrible guy, or at least when they first started dating. But after a while, he became less caring and more self centered, so Camila always tried to avoid him interacting with Sofi as much as possible.

"He's not around as much, Sof" as soon as Camila finished her statement, she took a glance over at Lauren. The green eyed girl still had her gaze glued to the kitchen floor.

"Sof! Your show is on!" their mom's voice sang from the living room.  Sofi's face instantly lit up as she swiftly stood up from her chair. She jogged around the table to wrap Lauren in a quick hug.

"See ya, Lamp" Sofi giggled into Lauren's shoulder. Lauren hugged back, but still had that sad look in her eyes.

"See ya, princess" with that, Sofi let go of the embrace and left the room. Lauren stood up from her chair and straightened her shirt. Camila also stood up and walked around the table to wrapped her arms Lauren's neck. Lauren still didn't lift her head.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Camila asked, trying to meet Lauren's gaze. When Lauren still didn't look up, Camila stood on her toes to give Lauren a kiss on the cheek. But as soon as Camila's lips connected with Lauren's cheek, Lauren took a step backwards, avoiding the kiss on the cheek as Camila felt her heart drop.

"I gotta go. I'll see you soon" Lauren swiftly stated as she intertwined one of her hands with Camila's.

"Okay" Camila uttered sadly, voice cracking at the end.

Without saying another word, Lauren gave Camila a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving the Cabello household. Leaving a heartbroken Camila standing in the kitchen.

---------------------------------------------

Camila didn't know what to make of the whole situation. She didn't know if Lauren was mad, annoyed, or upset. It was only a little while later as Camila laid in her bed, looking up at the ceiling thinking about what Lauren would be so upset about.

She knew that it was most likely because Austin was brought up in the conversation, but she couldn't put a finger on the exact reason why Lauren would leave.

As she stared up at the ceiling with teary eyes, her thoughts were interrupted when her phone vibrated from a text message. She sat up in bed and wiped the tears from her eyes before reaching over and grabbing her phone.

From Dinah: So where are we going on Friday?

From Normani: Yeah, idk. You know Ally???

From Normani: ALLY

From Normani: ALLLLYY

From Dinah: ALLYSUS

From Normani: Allysus???

From Dinah: It was auto correct

From Ally: WHUT

From Dinah: You know where we're gonna be goin on Friday?

From Ally: Nah.com

From Dinah: CAMILA! WHERE WE GOIN

From Normani: CAMILA