26//"Help! Someone, help me!"//

☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️

There's water all around me on the ground, but my feet aren't wet. I look around only to find an abundance of darkness surrounding me. My breath quickens as I spin in a circle trying to spot any speck of light around me.

I grab my head, squeeze my eyes shut, and squat down trying to calm myself. If I'm not calm, then there is no way that I am going to find a way out of here. As I begin to steady my breathing, I start to here quiet mumbles. I slowly peel my eyes open to see exactly where the voices are originating.

When my eyes are fully open, I see something in the water below me. I scrunch my eyebrows. "What?"

I see myself sitting on a couch eating chips with the TV playing a drama. I have tears running down my face and am holding a tissue in one hand.

"Why can't I have that?" I cried at the TV.

"Stop yelling at the TV MiHi." Kang Dae's voice is heard from somewhere else. I didn't even react to him; I just continued to sob.

My mother walked into the room and stared at me for a second. "MiHi when will you get up and do something with your life? Stop crying about having no one to love. You need to get a job, you're a twenty-eight-year-old woman for goodness sake."

Twenty-eight? What? I'm only nineteen. Is this the future? This can't be the future. I'm pitiful.As I continued to stare down at the scene in front of me, I felt something engulf my ankles. My eyes grew huge as I tried to pull them out and they didn't budge. When I looked down, I found that it was the water surrounding me that was beginning to pull me down.

Down into the scene below.

Down into my apparent fate.

I began to cry out loudly. "Help! Someone help me!"

I was down to my shoulders now. I stopped yelling at about mid-torso, I knew there was no one there to save me. I just closed my eyes and accepted what was happening.

"MiHi." "MiHi." "Park MiHi."

I heard a small voice, but I ignored it.

"MiHi!" "PARK MIHI!"

The voice grew louder, so I opened my eyes slowly.

And there he was...

Jungkook.

He had his hand extended out to me with a small smile on his face.

I jerk awake, lying in my bed at home. That dream seemed so vivid and real; It felt like the water was still consuming me. Why was it Jungkook? Why was he the one that saved me? Was he saving me from the fate that I was being sucked into?

I rub the sleep out of my eyes and swing my legs over the side of the bed. I've been home for about a week now, and it's been uneventful. Kang Dae was gone when I got here, and he hasn't been here this whole week. I'm not sure where he went, Mom doesn't talk to me about it even though I continue to ask.

I trudge down the stairs, trying to reach an itch under my cast. I enter the kitchen and head to the coffee maker to see that there is already coffee brewed. I smile and notice a sticky note on the counter beside the pot. 'MiHi, I have an interview this morning. I'll be home later. -Mom' I put the sticky note back down and pour myself a cup of coffee. As I make my way back up the stairs, coffee in hand, I decide today is a great day to just relax and draw. I have the next week off work to "recuperate" so I need to find something to take up my time.

I hum to the music that I have softly playing in the background of my room. I'm sketching absent-mindedly as I sip my coffee. I set down the mug as I swallow the last drop and lookup out the window. I smile at a small bird sitting on the branch.

When I finally look down to my sketchbook once the bird flaps away, a small smile still stuck on my face. That's when I really look at what I've been doodling for the past hour.

Jungkook. A simple side profile, but there's no denying that's who this sketch is of.

But why, Jungkook? Why did my subconscious mind draw him? Because of my dream?

I haven't talked to him since I've been home. Although he hasn't tried to speak to me either. It's only been a week, though. He doesn't have to talk to me. But I wish he would.

I miss him. I miss his small laugh when I actually say something funny. I miss his little nose scrunch. I miss his little jokes. I miss his smile. I just miss him. Why do I miss him so much?

That's when it hits me. It hits me like a ton of bricks. I miss him because I love him. I love Jeon Jungkook.

I turn around and grab the hoodie sitting on the chair by my door and rush downstairs. I slip on my shoes as fast as I possibly can and run to the nearest bus stop.

I need to go see him.

~~~~~~
Heyyyyy long time no see 😣😢 sorry this update took so long. School is brutal. And I had half the chapter wrote and just didn't know how to word the other half.

I'm not pleased with the outcome yet but it's finished so...I hope you enjoy it. I'll try to get the next one out soon. Only a couple more and then the epilogue.

💜💜💜

xxx