Chapter 11.3: Where Does the Origin of Water Lie?

The Water God's long white robes had a silverish tint to it, the thin rain subsided, he stood tall in front of me, the mist was like a veil that came forth. He lowered his head and looked at me, then looked at the Flower Goddess' tomb by the side, his eyes, like a lake that was full, was cool and clear, so clear it was almost sad.

There was no wind and no rain, the thin and tall Deng Xin grass* that covered the entire ground lightly swayed, as if they were all leaning towards the direction of his feet, a very small and light sigh floated from his mouth, the sigh seeped into the light morning mist and could no longer be found**.

It was in this manner that he lowered his head and looked at me, the gaze full of lake water lightly rippled, it made me worry that if he lowered his head even more, his eye rims would not be able to withhold the gaze full of lake water and it would start to leak. However, my worry was unnecessary.

He gazed at me, I did not know for how long, it seemed to be as long as a dream, and yet also as short as a dream.

"Jin Mi Immortal is guarding Zi Fen's burial ground?" Not waiting for me to answer, he continued, "This place was originally a crabapple forest, every early Spring in March they would blossom, it is an extremely dazzling and grand sight. I've always considered it lucky that that night I had returned late, hence I was able to recall back one portion of Zi Fen's soul. But I often regretted it as well, if I did not return late that day, this world will not have Zi Fen, and then she would not have needed to go through so many years of hardship, and then finally her soul completely obliterating..."

The Water God lifted his head towards the sky, using a clean voice that was free of any smoke, he told a story that I could not understand, "If so, perhaps her soul will be experiencing an ordinary but contented life in the mortal realms, growing old, falling sick and dying, or perhaps she would still be my reclusive but free god living in this Flower Realm... although lonely, but each with their own happiness."

"When Zi Fen governed the flowers, till the end she did not like these dazzling and bustling lively creatures, she was simple and clear her whole life, after searching for one lifetime, she has finally received such a peace." The Water God turned towards me, a water pearl droplet slipped down into his sideburns, "Jin Mi, Jin Mi, the luxuriant flowers were like a beautiful search (in chinese, the words used are Jin Mi which is the same characters as her name)*** for peace, a simple smooth life like the light clouds and the flowing water. When Zi Fen was alive, these two lines that were hung on top of her bed, I had personally written for her."

I couldn't help being shocked, but the Water God stretched out his hand and pulled me up from in front of the tombstone, "I never thought that Zi Fen had left a bloodline in this world, even though it was not from me... however these five thousand years I have not been able to take care of you, how would I be able to face Zi Fen... how to face you..." His words were sad but revealed also a soft joy, he earnestly looked at me****.

I was even more surprised, if even the Water God spoke like this, does this mean I was really borne of the Flower God and the Heavenly Emperor?

As I was wavering, a vibrant green shadow stood dazed near by feet, I turned to look at it, it was a snake.

"Yan You is late, late. May Jin Mi my little bride not blame me." The magnificent Master Pu Chi reached out his hand to warmly pull me towards him, seeing that my hand was in another pair of hands, he followed the direction and gazed up, seeing the owner of the hands, Master Pu Chi immediately straightened his body, arranged his clothes, and sternly and formally paid his respects, "Yan You has been rash, I greet the great Water God."

Water God's bright and clear eyes looked at Master Pu Chi, the water ripples were not happy, "Gentleman Yan You, we have not met for years, have you come to the Flower World to play?"