Chapter One

Millie

"Omg! That shade is so your color Mills!"

Ally, my best friend of many years, tells me as I paint my toenails on the edge of her bed. The shade in question is a bright coral color that I found in her nail polish box. She has so many colors, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't know that this color was even there.

"I know right. Makes my skin look amazing."

"Your skin always looks amazing", she says while rolling her eyes at me.

"I just meant that it really makes it glow, but you're right. It does always look amazing."

We both laugh and I go back to painting my nails.

"Where did you even find that color? I've never seen it before."

What did I say. She has way too many colors.

"I found it in your polish box. You have so many colors. No wonder you have never seen this one", I look up at her. She turns her head up at me.

"Well, I don't like to wear the same color twice."

"Oh I know. But I do, so can I have this one?"

"I don't know why you still ask after all these years. I tell you all the time, what's mine is yours. You don't have to ask. Just take it", she shakes her head laughing.

Ally Evans. She is the most average girl you will ever meet. She has long blonde hair and your typical blue eyes. The only difference is, she knows how to wear that averageness like no one I've ever seen. She has the personality of an angel, but the attention span of a three year old child. Her fashion sense is amazing, which helps with her averageness.

The only problem is that she never wears the same thing twice. She has to clean out her closet; which is a walk-in-closet by the way; maybe like four times a month because she runs out of room so fast. But best believe, most of her clothes end up in my closet in the end. Her style is just amazing. Both of her parents are successful real-estate agents, which is why her family is so well off. They even had the house we are in right now built from the ground up.

This place has basically become my home away from home. Especially when we come home from school. Her house is closer. Ally and I have been friends since we were born. Thanks to our mothers being close friends. We have been glued to the hip from then on. I wouldn't trade our friendship for the world.

"I will always ask you for your things. But only you. No one else."

She laughs again, "You have it all backwards, but I still love you."

"Of course you do. Without me you have no one."

"Whatever", she picks up a pillow and throws it at me.

"Hey! Do you want me to get polish on your bed sheets Alls?" She smirks at me.

"Go ahead. I planned on changing them soon anyway."

I laugh at her and throw the pillow back at her. Once I finished putting on the polish, I grabbed the LED light and put my toes under it. One thing I love about gel polish is that it stays on. And it doesn't chip. I love it. After the 60 seconds are over I turn the light off and put my socks and winter books back on. Ally was watching something on her phone when she looked back up at me.

"What time do you have to be home?"

I looked at my phone for the time. 7:35pm.

"I should actually go now. Mom is supposed to be making dinner tonight."

She makes a face at me, "Ooh, have fun tonight." Then she starts laughing again.

I grabbed another pillow off her bed and threw it at her, "Shut up before I ask your mom to make you come over for dinner." That made her stop.