A Family Outing

Barry: So, Henry...

Henry: What dad?, he answered groggily.

Barry: You ready to go buy some new clothes? He asked with a smile on his face.

Henry: Ughhhh, do we have to?

Caitlin: Henry Joseph Allen! She said giving her son a stern look. We're going shopping wether you like it or not!

Henry: Ok, fine, he said slowly getting out of bed.

Barry: Sorry about that Henry. He said looking at his son sympathetically, She hasn't had her coffee this morning so she's EXTRA cranky! He said putting emphasis on the word extra.

Henry laughed remembering the similar interactions they had like this in his time.

Henry: Do we have to bring her along?! He said looking at his sister disdainfully.

Caitlin: Of course! She's part of the family too remember?!

Henry: Yeah, Yeah I remember! He said groaning.

Caitlin: Good. Now get dressed! She said giving her son a stern look.

Henry: Alright, Alright! He said with a sigh as he put on his flash suit/t-shirt hybrid.

Henry: Where are we going anyway?

Barry: Target, he said smiling.

Nora: Cool, sounds like fun!

Henry: You would think shopping for clothes sounds like fun! He said glaring as his sister.

Caitlin: That's enough! If we're going shopping I can't have you two bickering like 5 year olds!

Henry opened his mouth to object but quickly shut it after he saw the look that his mother was giving him.

Henry: Yes mom.

Caitlin: Good. Now let's go! She said as she went to grab her car keys.

Henry: What are those? He said looking at the keys dangling from her hand.

Caitlin: My... car keys? She asked looking at Henry with a puzzled look.

Henry: Who needs car keys when you have your own personal Uber?He said looking at his dad, and before she knew it she,Nora,Henry, and Barry were all at target.

Nora: So who's ready to buy some clothes? She said smiling.

Henry: Let's just go inside, he says entering Target.

When they enter Target Barry sees something that makes him smile inside.

Barry: Hey Henry it's- he said happily pointing at a book on a shelf.

Henry: The Runaway Dinosaur! He says smiling. Oh man! I love this book!

Barry: You do? He says looking at his son with a smile on his face.

Henry: Are you kidding? Mom used to read it to me all the time, he said looking at his mother with tears in his eyes.

Nora: Yeah he even knows all the words too! Don't you Henry? She says smirking at her brother.

All of the sudden Barry and Caitlin start chanting.

Barry and Caitlin: Read it! Read it! Read it! Read it!

Henry: Ok,Ok, fine. He said clearing his throat and looking at both his parents. Once there was a little dinosaur called a Maiasaur, who lived with his mother. One day, he told his mother, "I wish I was special like the other dinosaurs. If I were a T.Rex, I could chomp with my ferocious teeth!" "But if you were a T.Rex said his mother, "how would you hug me with your tiny little arms?" "I wish I were an Apatosaurus", said the little dinosaur, "so with my long neck I could see high above the treetops." "But if you were an Apatosaurus, said his mother, "how would you hear me in the treetops when I told you I love you?" "What makes you special, little Maiasaur? Said his mother isn't your ferocious teeth or pointy beak. What makes you special is out of the dinosaurs in the big wide world, you have the mother who is just right for you, and who will always love you. He said looking up at his mother with a tear streaming down his cheek.