Part 2

1 month later…..

An inky black mansion cast an ominous shadow over the crumbling cement entrance. Invisible ropes seemed to latch themselves around his torso, drawing him slowly closer to ebony double doors.

The latch clicked open and the doors swung soundlessly ajar, the ropes pulling him into the musty air. Up the stairs, around endless corners leading to infinite slate- coloured hallways, twisting and turning and wrapping around like a never-ending maze. Every room he entered and every stair he stepped on, the tug on his soul became more and more forceful, until he was practically flying through the house. His mind was whirling and hazy, flashing in and out of consciousness when finally...he saw it. The door to the attic.

His steps slowed until he was trudging toward the open door, except his feet were dragging him down, like he was stuck in a puddle of molasses. He urged himself on, until the pressure increasing inside him was too much to bear. An ivory table stood perched at the far end of the cluttered attic, and suddenly the ropes drew taught and yanked him toward it so hard he lurched forward and collapsed onto his knees, panting and sweating.

A searing pain shot up through his legs, but he hauled himself up again. Slowly, he approached the table. Almost there. He could see the surface of it now, just a few paces away. Suddenly, a binding white light exploded out from the table, searing his eyes and rising up and over him like a wave. Consuming him.

Panting hard, he woke up, rolling over to look out the large panel windows. Furiously, he rubbed his eyes, trying hard to forget this mysterious dream that had haunted his sleep. Storming over to his bathroom, his grey feet scraping on the rough floor as he walked, he splashed the misty white water on his face, letting it drip off his face and onto his shirt. Peering into the mirror, he screamed.