Chapter 29

When Perrie and I arrive at Kings Langley's racing field it's already full of people. Zayn is waiting for us at the entrance to escort us to our seats. I am wearing my black jeans that are ripped at the knees and a black shirt. My hair is down, and the blonde glitters on the black fabric. Perrie is also in black, and so is Zayn. If I hadn't already known him, I would have thought we all dressed in black to support Harry.

My new leather jacket that Harry got me is tucked under my arms, too self conscience to put it on.
Perrie held on to my hand as we picked our way through the people. Eleanor and Louis were already at our seats, and when she notices us she waves, a huge smile on her lips.

"I thought you won't make it on time," Louis says when we reach them.

"There was traffic coming, I don't understand why though since it is only Kings Langley," Perrie shrugs.

"So how the hell did you get Harry to take you to a high school dance?" Louis turns to me.

"I didn't he is making me go," I explain.

"What? Styles? Making you go? I'm talking about your boyfriend- he has girly hair and a thing for fast cars," Louis crinkles his forehead in confusion.

"Long story darling," Eleanor tells him, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"So Cassie, I was thinking, we should go into London, to Oxford, what do you think?" Eleanor turns to me.

"Well don't we have the same shops in Watford? why go all the way into London?" I furrow my brows. I thought this dress shopping thing will go fast, not wanting to travel into London for this uncalled for dance.

"Oh Cass! It'll be fun- Oxford street is so much classier then the mall, and it'll be a girls evening out," Perrie chips in.

I know they already decided so there is no point in fighting them on this. I nod and turn to face the race, waiting for Harry to come.

"I promise it'll be fun! Don’t worry," Eleanor whispers into my ear.

The racers are called out to their cars, the crowd exploding at the sound of their idols names called. Once again Harry's name is called last, and when he steps out my ears ring. This time when he walks out to the tracks his head is held up scanning the seats. When his eyes find me, he smiles, holding his helmet in his right hand as he jogs over, climbing the stools until he reaches the railings. The crowd is calling out his name, and the man behind the speaker calling him to return to the track.

"What are you doing Harry?" I exclaim, though a smile is plastered on my lips, feeling special, his eyes are only for me.

"I can't race without a good luck kiss from you," His dimples are deep into his cheeks, and I lean in, my palm reaching for his cheek, as the hand holding the helmet wraps around my neck. His breath is minty and the taste is left in my mouth when our kiss ends, and Harry jumps back down to the ground, waving to the guy holding the mic in an apology.

I feel my cheeks redden as I notice the eyes on me.
I'm thankful for my friends closing in around me as if shielding me from the watchful stares.

"Not used to him showing so much affection to someone other than himself," Louis jokes and I am grateful for him trying to make me feel less embarrassed.

The race begins and it is hard to follow what is going on. Sitting in the front means tall people don't block my view but then I am not high enough to see what is going on the far side of the tracks.

Luckily there is a man with a mic telling us what is going on. Harry is in first place, not to sound full of it, but I didn't expect to find him in any other place but the first. He lives for the fast drive, for the rush it gives him, and I know very well he won't let anyone pass him. This race is different from the others. It is a few rounds, and some of the people change. By the third time they go Ben is one of the new contestants, and when he walks past us his eyes find mine and he winks, a wide smirk on his face. I look for Harry wondering if he'd seen it. I don't need to wonder long, since when Ben passes him, Harry pushes him forward, making Ben stumble a few steps. Ben turns and takes a step towards Harry, though it seems he has changed his mind, turning back around and pacing over to his car.