01

Yoongi's POV

Four days.

It had been four days since it happened. Four days since I lost my parents. Four days since the truth had been revealed.

It all happened on my birthday. A day that was supposed to be as normal as my previous ones, a day that didn't involve forest fires, tons fire trucks putting out the flames, and the wailing sound of the police cars' sirens.

At the time, my parents and I were at the forest. They decided to celebrate my 17th birthday in the forest. We had a picnic that day, but as the picnic went on things got heated.

It all started when I mentioned that I would drop medicine and replace it with music. They didn't find good in that, my father started screaming something about 'ruining my future,' while my mother just silently sat there. Disappointment evident in her eyes.

The look on her face hurt more than my father's words could ever have. It broke something in me, but what was I to do? Give up my happiness for success? I'd rather not. I'd rather die poor and happy, than rich and sad.

And it's not like money can buy happiness, it's the root of all evil. Without money there would be no poverty, not rich and poor. Maybe we would all be equal to one another, but as sad as it is, money is vital in a person's life. We wouldn't be able to buy clothes, food, and a roof to shield ourselves from the outside world.

Sorry... I must be rambling. You must be curious as to what I did. Well, I ran. I ran away from them. I was furious, I thought that they would be more understanding since it was my birthday. Apparently not. I did what someone as pathetic as I could do, I cried. Not from happiness, not from sadness, but from pure anger. I felt something in me ignite, or rather awaken. It was a foreign feeling. The cold breeze that hit my skin was no more, I felt warm all of a sudden.

My thoughts went back to why I was here. Why I was in the middle of the forest, crying, alone, and furious. I reached for a small branch on the ground and gripped it tightly and threw it to a pile of leaves with all my might.

Mere seconds later, flames arose from the pile of leaves. My eyes widened, I stumbled back and tripped on a fallen branch, making me land on my ass. I stared at the palm of my hands and looked up to the burning pile of leaves.

"D-did I do that? No, there's got to be some kind of mistake!" I did the only thing I could have done at that moment. I ran. I ran as fast as my feet could take me. I ran and ran, even as my legs burned. I ran even as the rain poured, the rain was slowing me down. It made me feel weak, for some reason.

I didn't know why, but I stopped running. I didn't even realise how far I've ran from the forest. All I see now is an empty road, but if I squinted my eyes enough I was sure I could see a small diner and next to it was a shabby-looking motel.

I couldn't feel my legs anymore, the adrenaline pumping in my veins a while ago was now gone. My stomach let out a loud grumble, knowing that I needed to eat and rest for a while. I limped towards the diner and went inside. I was given a few dirty looks, mostly from the staff. Considering that I was soaking wet and was leaving a puddle everywhere I went, that bit was understandable.

I sat down on one of the stools, squeaking when I sat my ass on top of it. I noticed a mint haired waitress walking towards me.

"What can I get ya?" She asked, chewing what seems to be gum. Holding out a small notepad on her right on her right hand and a pen on the other.

"You don't happen to have spare clothes here do you?" She gave me a look that I think is supposed to say 'does it look like I work in a clothing store?'

"Mina! Is everything okay there?" A woman in her late sixties asked, more like screamed. Her head peeking out from a door.

"Yes! Everything's alright here!" The mint haired girl known as Mina screamed back.

"That man doesn't!"

"He's okay, grandma!"

"Other than the fact that I'm soaking wet, I guess you could say I'm okay." I piped up.

"Shush, we're not talking to you."

"Can I just get a ramen to go?"

"Sure, just sit tight." A few minutes later she came back with a plastic bag and what seems to be a towel. "Here."

"Thanks." I smiled at her and left my pay on the table, grateful that I now have something to dry myself with. I exited the diner and entered the motel.

"We don't accept wet teens in the building." A man in his mid-thirties piped up. I scoffed, "Bet you got tons of them inside the rooms."

"Look, kid. If you're looking for trouble, just leave." He said, pointing towards the red dust covered door.

"I'm looking for a room, actually. I was also supposed to pay twice as much for a room, but apparently I was told to leave by a rather rude man with thinning hair, so I must." Voice laced with sarcasm, I headed towards the door. I was just about to turn the knob when I heard the much expected protest from the man.

"W-wait. Stay. I'll give you a key."

"How much?" I asked the man.

"10 dollars."

"Can't I get one for 5 dollars instead, mister?" I looked at him straight in the eyes, sort of telling him to just agree because I don't have much money on me.

"Y-yeah, okay." I handed him 5 dollars that are still a bit soaked because of my clothes.

"Do you have some clothes that I could use? Something that doesn't scream I just stayed in a love motel."

"We have stockings, shorts, slippers, some toys, and a few shirts in stock." He said, getting out all the garments that he mentioned.

"Do you have any other shorts that are longer and a shirt that doesn't say 'The Love Nest'?"

"This is all I got, kid. Stop whining."

"Fine. I'll take the booty shorts, boxers, the large sized shirt, and the slippers." My chances were a bit slim for getting him to approve of what I was about to propose, but I took my chances.

"Can I not pay for these? Give it to me for free instead? Think of it like a freebie?" I looked straight at him, his eyes froze up. His head moving up and down.

I smiled and got the key and the clothes from his sausage looking fingers and headed towards the stairs. I took a look at the key, 19M. 19 floors up, just my luck.

I begrudgingly walked up the stairs until I reached the 19th floor. I looked for the room 19M, once I found it I pushed the key into the keyhole. I twisted it and heard the door unlock. I went inside and saw a dusty old bed and an dusty old TV.

I headed inside the bathroom, the tub and toilet was yellowish, the floor stained with grime, and the shower-head looks like it'll fall any second. I doubt that the water was clean.

I hung my clothes to dry and took the quickest shower that I ever took in my entire life, not wanting to bask myself in the water a second longer. I got out and dried myself with a the towel I was provided by the girl named Mina or maybe her grandmother's. I was fully dried now, so I wore the clothes that I bought.

The boxers fit all right, except for the fact that it said 'Baby Boy' on the back in bold and capitalised letters. The booty shorts were a bit tight, making the shape of my ass more prominent. The oversized shirt with the words 'Love Nest' written on the front doing a good job at hiding my ass. I slipped into the bed, covering my body with the thin material that was supposed to be a blanket.

I sighed, "What have I gotten myself into?"

‪➵‬

How was it? Rate it from 1-5 (1 being the shittiest and 5 being the bestest)