My Death Sentence ~ Chapter 1

Hey guys! I'm writing a book, as you can tell, haha. But, there's this book idea I've had for a long time and I guess I really like it. Every chapter, I set a reads goal and when I hit that goal for, said chapter, I will post the next one, so, yeah... here we go!!!

Reads Goal - 30

If you want the next chapter to come out, please vote, share, and comment!

----------------------------------------------------------

*My Death Sentence ~ Chapter 1

        They told me 'life was short' and you need to 'live like you're dying.' What they didn't know, at the time, that I was actually dying. I didn't even know. It was last month when the symptoms began. I had trouble moving my hand and arm then I stopped breathing after I went to sleep. My dad rushed me to the hospital's emergency room, luckily it's only a block away. After a while staying at the cold, unbearable wasteland, you call a hospital, they tested me for this disease, Hunter's Syndrome, they called it. It's a serious genetic disease which is mostly for guys, the doctors said that since I'm a girl, this syndrome is pretty rare. So I guess I'm a freak of nature and not even the right gender!

        The doctors put me on this experimental treatment to slow down the symptoms. I didn't want to, it's experimental, it can do anything to me. It might make me worse, or kill me, dad signed me up for it. Now I stay in bed most of the day. Dad needs to poke a giant needle in my arm 2 times everyday. It's not like he knows what it does, he thinks it's going to make me better, I think otherwise. It's going to kill me and all the other people in trial for this medicine. Mom went on an experimental medicine for her cancer, she thought she was getting better but she looked worse everyday.

        "Mika, we have to go," my father says, "the doctor is waiting." I stay, lying in bed, with the blankets over my head. The warmth feels nice on my skin, after yesterday in that cold hospital. I had to draw some blood for tests. "Mika, come over here!" I uncover my head from the sheets to see my dad under the door frame waiting for me. Now, every week I have to go to this psychologist who tests me for improvement by showing me cards with little animals on them

        My dad throws the covers off of me. I crawl up into a ball and shiver. Then close my eyes and ignore my dad talking to me. He talks to me everyday about depression and death, maybe I am depressed. Guess I should be, going to die in a few years. I don't want to die, but I am dying, but actually, everyone is dying. Our bodies are decaying every second of everyday, just mine is decaying weirdly and quickly.

        I'm different and everyone knows it, I have no friends, no one to talk to. I don't like socializing, it's to much of a hassle, making friends. I already tried back when I lived in La, but now it's pointless, I will connect with the person over a period of time and we will have a laugh, go to the mall or something like that. Then, in a few years, my lungs will give out or my heart will stop, and grief will reign upon my death bed, more than I need. It was sad when mom died, everyone was there, all her friends, her family friends, everyone from her childhood and I don't need that, I only need my dad there and no one else, one tear will fall and make a puddle rather than many, making an ocean.

       Dad carries me to the car and drives me to the kid's portion of the hospital where I see all the kids with cancer laughing and playing with toys. I'm 17 and I need to go to this place to look at little animals on cards... amazing. I enter the waiting room, seeing a boy solving a puzzle of Elmo's face. Another boy crying because he wanted to solve the puzzle. And their mother is just sitting with her feet propped up, reading a magazine. There was another girl who looked like she was gonna cry, wonder what happened to her.