Chapter Six: Roxpea

"She's your pimp?" Sweet Pea repeated what I said to him trying to make sense of what I just said.

"She cares more about money than her own daughter." I admitted.

"How long has this been going on, Rox?" He asked, concerned.

"Since she murdered Jackson." I admitted.

"And she murdered your brother?" Sweets questioned. I nodded confirming what he just heard from me. He sat next to me as I felt the prick of tears warning to come out my eyes. "I'm sorry, Rox."

"You don't need to apologize, Sweets it's not your fault. It's hers." I told him as I felt a tear escape my eyes.

"I'm sorry for not seeing it sooner." He told me.

"FP has been expecting something more was going on between Penny and I." I sighed.

"I'm guessing he doesn't know." He stated.

"You guessed correctly. If he knew she wouldn't just be exiled from the Serpents, she would be dead." I told him. "Do I care that she would be dead? No. Hell, I want to be the one to kill her. I just can't stand that if I tell people they will either say I want attention, which I don't or they will look at me like I am this fragile thing they have to be careful around. That is what I am not, I have dealt with her shit for 16 years, Sweets. Promise me that now you know this you treat me any differently."

"Rox, I promise I won't treat you any differently." Sweets promised me, putting his hand on mine. "I believe you but is there anyway you can get hard evidence?"

"Yeah, I would have to get into Penny's trailer. She has a floor safe that has all the files of all the clients." I told him.

"I know how you are, Rox. I know how hard this was for you to tell me. I promise I won't tell but your going to have to tell someone eventually." Sweets told me.

"I know but I just......can't. If I had to tell someone else it would be FP but, I can't. I'd have to swallow my pride. I can't with this, I am ashamed of what she's made me do and to be completely honest it's why we haven't been on a date because I am afraid of hurting you." I explained as I felt another tear fall from my eye.

"So the excuse you keep telling Toni and Fangs is just an excuse to protect me." He said wanting me to confirm his suspicions.

"Yes." I confirmed. That night he held me in his arms as I broke down for the first time in front of anyone but I felt safe, safer than I ever have with anyone. I fell asleep, laying in his lap but while I was drifting away I heard him say something.

"I love you, Rox. If I was to be hurt by anyone, I would rather it be by you." I heard him say before I slipped into the darkness of slumber. When I woke up I was in a bed, fully dressed except for my Serpent jacket and my shoes. I knew exactly where I was, Sweet Pea's bed room. He was nowhere to be seen, so I got up and walked into the living room to find Sweets sleeping on the couch. I smiled slightly at him, he may not seem sweet but his name really does define him. I checked the time and we had to get to school in a hour. I walked over to him and woke him gently.

"Hey, Sweets." I started and he didn't move. "Sweet Pea." I shook him lightly and his eyes opened. "Hey, Sweets."

"Rox, what time is it?" He asked with a gruffy morning voice.

"Almost time for hell." I answered.

"Do we have to go today?" He asked.

"Sadly." I sighed. "If we don't go Toni and Fangs are going to worry and I'd rather not have Toni or Fangs blow up my phone."