Two Crown Kings

CHAPTER ONE 

                                                            TWO CROWN KINGS

Year of Brutonna, 67-49-12

        I have not slept in forty-seven rotations. I'm beginning to suspect that I'm suffering from Epki's Disease, or perhaps a common infection, otherwise my habits would not be so irregular. I'm beginning to notice my skin is sinking into my skull, and becoming worryingly dry- no matter what planet you're on, I don't really think that's a good sign at all. 

        That Who Knows hasn't ceased knocking at my cabin for the past few sets. To be honest, I don't really know if I'm up to managing her nonsense again, I haven't been up to doing . . . well, anything. 

        If anything, I think the disease is getting worse. I often find myself struggling to see, even though the cabin is brightly lit, and there aren't any nano-drones in the air. I've even purified the air within the room. Maybe I'm having a reaction to the Oxygen treatments to prepare us for the trip into Sector 113. Maybe I'm just weak. 

        That Who Knows is knocking again. It's driving me crazy. 

Until later, 

One Who Cries. 

        Maybe they weren't going to go. 

        Maybe they should've given up when they could, sank back into the infuriatingly comforting grasp of the Mountaineers. It only made sense- they clearly weren't fit for an inter-planetary mission, physically, mentally, or emotionally. They should've listened to That Who Knows, should've abandoned the notion of traveling outside those who'd known them, known what was best for them, known how to control someone. . .someone like them. 

        Oh, but what was the use of reminiscing now. If they'd learned anything, it was to make the best of your situation, and that was exactly what they intended to do. It was a given that they would've been the lowest ranked on the ship, and granted, even they'd selfishly dreamed to be captain once in a while.  

        Though their three hearts hung heavy at the thought of being so far away from their family and friends, there was something hypnotizing about staring through the glassed walls. Something that was so tantalizing about the way the glittering light from those enormous balls of dust and power. 

        One Who Cries bit down on their thin, pale lips, feeling their eyes already begin to liquidate, the familiar dripping sensation kissing across their cheeks.  

        How they wished that the ship would land already. They'd seen enough drawings, speculations about what Sector 113 looked like, felt like, the kinds of beings that inhabited there. They'd heard some rumors that they had eighteen arms, skin that was acidic, and teeth that caused impalement to even glance upon them. They'd heard rivalling stories that the creatures were incredibly beautiful, with skin of the brightest, deepest blue, figures that were long and graceful, and eyes that were sadder and darker than the skies of Xenolath.  

        To be honest, they didn't much care what the inhabitants looked like. Whatever they looked like, felt like, sounded. . .they knew that those creatures would be the most beautiful thing in the universe. 

        If only the trip would quicken.