One

Date: Dec. 12, 1996

It was a cold December night. The car was practically rocking the ten year old girl to sleep. Parents in the front seat whispered quietly as she captured small bits of the sentences they spoke. The ride was quiet as they slowly drove her in the car until they reached their destination and the car came to a halt. The car shuddered, jerking the girl awake as her foster parents lifted her out of the car. One glimpse at the sign sent her into a frenzy of fear as her breathing became heavy and quick and her head dizzy. She struggled against the parents who had her arms locked to theirs. They eventually coaxed the terrified child inside and willingly went with the man who helped her breathe.

And that was the last time she saw them.

Her disorder had caused her foster parents fear and worry. As soon as she arrived at the home she was shaking and distant. She'd barely leave the room she was assigned. It was ignorable at first until a child had forced her to leave her room, sending her into a panic attack where she nearly died hitting her head on railing of the stairs. Since that day two years ago, they dedicated themselves to finding her help. They'd drug her to get her into cars, give her drowsy medication to make her sleep through the ride, but she'd always struggle. Always. This would be the last time she transferred from another medical hospital.

After 3 years, she'd refuse to talk to anyone but the nurse who brought her medication. She'd never leave her room if she could help it. The nurse walked in, looking at the 13 year old girl who sat looking out her window from her couch, and sadly smiled.

"Ya know, honey bunch, they're showing a movie downstairs in the rec area. If you want, I'll come down and sit with you." She quietly shook her head and turned back to the nurse.

"No... I-I'll just get my tremors a-again and make a scene. Y-You know what happened last time." The nurse breathed out and shook her head.

"Well, you're gonna go on down, honey bunch. Take your meds and have your snack." She smiled at the girl and sat down with her. The young girl smiled and nodded, fully knowing she'd lose that battle. She did as told and stood up slowly, placing her brightly colored bagging rainbow sweater over her blue pajamas. The nurse led her to the door and young girl looked down at the edge where her room met the hallway. The woman nodded, as she held her arm and took the step. The pair eventually made it downstairs where she sat on the couch in front of the screen. The girl crossed her legs on the couch and watched the movie, her hands lightly shaking. The nurse slowly rose at the sight of their newest patient, who had been admitted a month ago by her son, Diana Reid and helped her over to the couch. As soon as she moved, the girl tensed and looked forward as her tremors became more rapid. The nurse led Diana over to the couch and sat her down next to the girl. She was barely paying any attention to the movie when the blonde woman sat beside her and her friend moved from one side of the couch to the other. Diana looked at the girl as she shook.

"You're scared?"

She nodded fearfully as her eyes teared.

"Well, I promise you that I'm the last person you need to be afraid of."

The girl smiled, her shaking slowly becoming less obvious.

"You're awful young to be in here. What's your name?"

"Y-y-y-y/n." She said nervously, trying to control her breathing.

Diana smiled and placed her hand on the girl's knee, patting it. Her face calmed her as she spoke to her about her name, more about her 18 year old son.

This woman became her best friend and the only person she talked to. Her son, her ex-husband and her became like..

Family.