╚» 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕕𝕖 «╝

Word Count: 900
Prompt: star au - whenever Danny is extremely happy, stars fill his eyes, he soon finds someone exactly like him but his stars symbolize something else
Warning(s): Not the best, not rly a ship, lmao, enjoy
Pairing: ??xDM

Hollywood Undead - a rather large and well known band - had invited Danny to join them. After their leader singer left, or was kicked out (he wasn't sure), they needed someone else. He had to leave his own band sadly, but they wished him a good life as he would walk away, carrying his things.

He was moving to LA.

Stars filled his eyes as he entered his new apartment, something that was temporary, setting down his bags and relaxing. He looked around, checked all of the rooms just to be sure everything was there. He had a moving crew do it for him. His phone buzzed lightly in his pocket, causing him to look at it.

Charlie had texted him, and he looked glad that he was there, saying that the tour bus, a freaking tour bus, would be there soon to pick him up. They were still on tour when the lead singer had left them in a rage, from what Danny knew. He swore the whole damn galaxy had to be in his eyes from happiness.

He was going on tour, and with a well known band as well! How much better could this get for him? They hadn't really met that much in person, but Charlie knew about his star eyes, and teased him for it sometimes, but in a friendly way.

The bus arrived no later than Charlie had mentioned, pulling up while Danny was having his usual smoke break. Anxiety pierced his heart for a second, but he was ready. He put his cigarette out and went inside to grab his bags, Charlie following after getting over there. The walk to the bus was anxious and Danny felt nervous at this point; mostly about how the guys would like him.

He was replacing an ex best friend of theirs, he wouldn't be surprised all too much if they didn't include him in everything at the beginning. Charlie got on the bus first, Danny following after him, anxiety in every step he took.

The faces were friendly looking, but one was missing. Charlie said there were four others, at this moment there were three. There was Dylan, or Funny Man, though he stated sourly that he wasn't funny. There was Jorel, or J-Dog, who was sour in general but understandable, then there was Matt, or Da Kurlzz. He was too busy on his phone.

He felt like the elephant in the room as he introduced himself shyly, waving to the guys as Charlie headed with him to the bunks to show him where he would be starting to stay.

The one that seemed to be missing was Johnny 3 Tears, or his stage name anyways. Charlie said not to bug him at the moment, since he wasn't in the best of moods. Danny didn't question it.

After their first show, Danny was left tired, but happy. Extremely happy to the point stars had consumed his eyes. He got shocked looks from the others, except for Charlie and Johnny, who were walking way ahead. Funny was the first one to ask questions as he put away his mask.

"Why do you get them?" "Are you sad?" etc, etc. Most of them around whether he was sad or not. But he wasn't sure why, he was happy! The fans loved him! Or from what he could tell anyways. Relaxing as he walked to the bus, the stars began to dissolve. His eyes returned to normal, and he caught up with Johnny and Charlie.

He hung back a little, hearing their conversation, though he hadn't meant to. He tuned out, noticing Johnny's stance was a bit loose, bending a little. Charlie was looking at him, seemingly regretting whatever he said. Johnny looked at him, and Danny caught a glimpse of why he wasn't allowed to see Johnny the first day.

The next month after, Danny cleaned his hair cut and talked to the guys more often, getting more fans and starting a new album. But Johnny was still distant. He needed to speak to him about it. About what he had seen. There was a similarity, but a difference in it.

He was alone with Johnny that afternoon, actually, since the others went to get food. It was hard getting ready to speak, but he knocked beside the curtain on Johnny's bunk, holding a breath before peeking in with a word of caution from the taller in the bunk.

"I know about the stars, we need to talk." Was all Danny had to say before Johnny had turned, looking at him with a tired look. "What about them? That mine aren't shimmery and amazing like yours are?" He scoffed. Danny folded his arms over his chest, rolling his eyes just a little. He wasn't a child.

"No, yours are caused by unhappiness, and mine are caused by me being happy. Or why you aways seem to have them. There's actual questions behind yours." Danny stated, but smiling politely at the male. "You don't have to camp out every night in here, you can join us." He stated, "Okay?"

Danny had left it on that note, but gradually, he did see Johnny more. And saw the sad stars less.