chapter:02

Unedited
Happy Reading Readers💥
******
*NARAINGARH VILLAGE*
Nandini pov
I haven't expected that my life will take a humongous turn in such a less time. Ever since trustie had called my father the atmosphere of the house has changed into the drastical environment. Father have got new reason to torture me not only physically but mentally too. My bones are aching with the pain. The oxygen around me was turning thicker minute by minute causing great difficulty to inhale. Although from the beginning I knew that my father would never be in favor of continuation of my medical study so, having problem in sending me out of the country was just a trump card he used. I only wanted to do two things in my life. One was to be a doctor and second was to marry a person who wouldn't have any resemblance of father.
"Why are you upset my daughter. Aren't you happy seeing us after such a long period" my grandma put her hand on top of my head while kissing my hand. Taking a deep breath I smiled.
Anxiety shook me hard when I saw them on my gate after eight years. Eight years were enough to tell me that I'll never be able to see them again, will never see them smiling, laughing and loving me. But alas thank God that doesn't happen. But still my poor grandparents don't know why my father have called them here and when he will tell them, I am sure it will break them like it had broke me and my dreams.
"Guess what, your lovely granddaughter is mourning on the news of her marriage" maa sat on the the chair while cuting the spice packet's given scissored area.
"Marriage? Whose marriage?" grandpa who was till now silently gazing me with small smile on his lips jerked his head to the direction where she was sitting.
"Advik have decided to make her marry in this week" she replied casually like there was no big deal adding fuel to the fire which was set on my heart.
"What rubbish you are speaking where is Advik call him right now" he gripped my hand in his hands listening his voice from behind. I inhaled a sharp breath and sat straight while hands were straighting my dress in fear.
Please God, please don't let him insult my grandparents. Please!!!
"I called you here for a reason and jahnvi have told you already. So why do you need my presence?" he stood in front of them and sat beside maa's chair. I gasped mentally when he didn't greet them and spoke in a disrespectful tone.
How can I expect from him that type behavior when he don't even know that exists!!
"I need your presence because I want to have few words with you" I looked at my dadu's void of expression face. I moved my head near dadi's ear and whispered softly, preventing anyone else to listen.
"Dadi.. please tell dadu to--" feeling dadi's finger on my lips. I looked at her with a frown face and questioning eyes.
"SShh! Let him handle this" I shaked my head lightly. Why on first place they are thinking that he will listen them. If he have decided that he'll make me marry in this week so it will happen by hook or by crook. Don't they know how cruel this man is? Arguing with him is just like crying in wilderness!!
"What the hell do you think of yourself Han? Do you even know what you're doing? She have worked hard just to reach here. Do you have any idea you are misspending everything which she have done till now." Sweats beads start forming on my forehead seeing father's coldest glare to dadu.
Don't dadu, please don't raise your voice..
"Damn to her hardwork! But alas, I am seeing my money being misspending by my this decision. But I least care about this too. I have waited for this day since long, and now I can't wait any more. My friend's son is best for her and you all should be grateful that he have agreed to marry her." He spoke aggressively, I was right he's not gonna change his decision.
"Fine Advik, you are not in the favor of her further studies. Get it! Drop this here then, but what about her marriage? She have all right to say in her marriage's decision. You can't marry her by your wish. She have to spent her whole life with that person at least ask from her if she wants to marry that guy or not" he also replied in a same tone of his.
This is not good, there's no need of this discussion. I have made a plan to elope already.
"This is my daughter's marriage, so I can get her married to whoever I want. You don't have any right to say in this matter" he stood up from his seat pushing his chair back with his feet.
"Let me knock some old memories to you advik. She is not your daughter and she she can never be" blood drained out from my body not by listening his high pitched voice but the hunting truth he have spoken.
"What are you looking at now? This is just because of you, Advik you shouldn't have called them here and shown any mercy to her. And you go inside your room! Show is over for you!" Maa maniacally scoffed with her blazing eyes. I gulped hardly, moving my gaze from father to my dadu Dadi, my hands shivered. I can't leave them. How could I when I know the man who's calling himself as my father have no heart! He can easily harm them!
"Aee girl! Haven't you listened what I have told you? Now you'll disrespect me?" Maa voice ranged in my ears.
Ya right! She knows about her respect but what about the elder people standing in front of her getting humiliation??
Feeling a light squeeze to my hand from Dadi, I stood up on my feets and without wasting any more minute, I limped up the stairs without turning my head back. I was a selfish freak, that's why I left my grandparents alone with the monster. Where as I should have fight for them, told him to not to disrespect them but what I have done?
I am so sorry dadu! I hope I wasn't that weak. I wished I would have fought for you like you're doing for me! I wish I was a better granddaughter to you! I wish dadu I wish!!
I closed the door behind me and slid down with throbbing heart. Faint voices hit my eardrums making my eyes shut down tightly with a guilt stabbing in my each part making difficult for me to breath. Why father called them? When he was not ready to listen them?
To insult them! To make them realize that they have no power, no right in my life! To prove himself that he could do whatever he wants to! My subconscious mind set more misery in my body.
"How— daughter——wants—leave——" faint voice filled in my room making me flinch every second. My heart screamed at me to run to them and hold them in your hands, to save them from that monster but the fear engraved on my heart was much more stronger then any other thing. Hot liquid fell down from my burning eyes.
Oh Lord! Help me please!
*********
After completing the huge argument, they requested from him to let them meet me alone for some minutes as my father have forbidden them to attend my marriage and after taking his desired money he came them permission. I gazed both whose eyes were drowing with unshed pain.
"Sorry nandu, this old man was of no use, I couldn't be able to stop him from..... pushing you in the hell" his voice chocked in between making me pull my head from dadi's lap and sat straightly on bed.
"You shouldn't be dadu.. I should say sor...ry to you! Because of me you have faced all those humiliation, I am sorry... I am not a good granddaughter dad...u sor..ry" I took his loosen skined hands in my own trembling one while my eyes were already pouring the tears itself.
"Don't say this beti, already the guilt of not being able to save you from this hell is killing us" Dadi pulled up her corner of duppata and wiped my face.
Only God knows how much she have missed this all! Although no matter how much they tried, they were never get success in saving me from the torture but they were only people with whom I share my sorrow's and feel the warmth which I have been carving since years! But unfortunately father don't like to see me in peace not even if it's about few hours and he banned them to come crushing my peace under his feets!
"Ahh.." I gasped feeling dadi's hand on my bruised shoulder.
"He again raised his hand on you? She covered her mouth seeing the bruises. I pressed my lips tightly not wanting to make them see my vulnerability when they were already broken.
"May... God nev..er forgive the...m and fee...l the same pain which.... they are gi...vi..ng y..ou" I shaked my head while caressing her wrinkled face signing her to stop shedding tears. If they will cry like this in front of me, I won't be able to control myself then!
"You don't the life like this infact no child deserve to live like this... He is a cruel man nandu, he have convert your beautiful life in a dreadful life. And I am sure he have choose the guy just like himself... We can't sit and let him ruin your life more,But we are in a state where we can't do anything!!" He said softly and his palms covered his face in agony. I parted my dried lips to say something but kept quite seeing dadi saying something.
"Listen to us carefully now nandu with a relaxed mind" My curiosity positioned itself in a high level. "Before your father's death, he used to save sum of money on your mother and your name in a bank account and after his death your mother used to do the same for you so that you can use them when you needed it. Your mother's account is empty but your account is still same the way they had left as he don't have any knowledge about your account." I nodded lighty trying to absorb the new found information. But the question revolving in my mind was why they are is telling me this?
They wants me to take that money out and bribe my ugly soon to be so that he himself back off from this marriage?
"Nandini try to leave this place tonight and go far away from here, the place that will take you to fulfill your parents dream." Dadi said making my mind blocked and throat dried.
I was planning to do the same! Should I tell them?
"Sweety take this, it's your account number with pass code and tell us fast what's your decision?" dadu took out a yellow chit from his pant's pocket and stuffed in my palm.
You want to hide your eloping from them? Don't you trust them? My mind questioned me making me speechless. I don't trust them? That would be a great of the greatest lie in this world! I haven't hide anything till yet from them except the few things which they people do with me! I can't see them taking stress for me while I myself is going out from this hell to save myself.
"Dadu.. Dadi.." I licked my dried lips nervously seeing them alarmed to know my decision. 
"I will elope tonight——" 
"Ssh.. speak slowly nandini" Dadi pressed her palm on my lips while giving me a glare. I bit my tongue.
Did I say that aloud?
"Ya.. so... I have planned... already to run away from here tonight" I said softly which came out more like a whisper.
"I am sorry, I should have told you earlier but I... I don't know what to say..... I don't even... Know that I am doing right or.... wrong but right now... All I know is.... I can't be here any more..." I shut my eyes seeing them glaring at me. I don't even know that they are looking at me with anger or with the total opposite emotion!
"You don't have to think all this nandu. You're not doing any wrong thing. Nobody could live like animals, Just keep this thing in your mind, you don't have anyother option, if you'll stay here they will not let you live your life easily. So it's better to take a chance to make your life like everybody else have! Otherwise you'll have regret in your heart your whole life that you didn't do anything for yourself." I nodded lightly, my jaws were sticked together while my eyes were burning.
"I'll be at the bus stop nandini and wait for you—" I shook my head vigorously and interrupted him.
"No dadu, you will not help me in this... No you can't father will get to know you helped me in running. I will be gone but he will ki..l...l you. I will do everything by my own dadu please don't say anything in this" I bend down a little and pressed my lips on their hands while my tears fall down on their hands.
Helpless, the person to whom I call father.. have made me helpless. If I'll stay here my life will be ruined and if I will caught by his men while eloping, he'll kill me right on the spot! And if he get to know they have helped me, they will also suffer with me. And I'll not let that happen!!
"But nandini...."
"No I don't want to talk on this... But ya if I will need any type of help from you, I will call you right then" I assured them and they sighed in agreement but the truth tighten my heart.
No matter what happens I am not going to call you!!
"Your mother wanted to give you this on your wedding..  but advik have changed everything horribly. And I can not be a great help to you nandini" dadi cried as few tears fell down from her eyes on her hands, I pressed my lips to hold back my loud sob.
I was so bad in consoling someone!
"Be careful nandini.. never let them know about your move and don't give up. Our prayers are with you always nandini. This might be your test and you have to pass this" dadu hold me and dadi in his arms making me clutch his shirt in my fits tightly.
I am gonna miss your warmth dadu dadi!
"You just have to stand upright still your prince charming comes, then he will make everything right for you nandini, don't give up your dreams of anything. God will soon send your prince to you, remember the stories which I and your mother used to tell you, it will come true for you my angel" dadi rubbed her thumb under my eyes while hiccuped.
"Those are just fictional dadi, I am not a ten year old kid now, no will come for me" I sobbed burying my face in his chest.
"Mad girl, you...."
"How long this drama is going to take place? Advik have told you guys to go now" maa appeared in my room and cut dadi off from saying further.
"We were about to leave" dadi said quickly stopping dadu to say something harsh and if by chance he will say something to maa, she will complain to father like a 2 year old kid and the volcano will burst! Dad was just like dadu angry man, say something which he don't wants to listen and then face the consequences. At that time no one have ever dared to raise his voice in front of me and now everything is changed.
I miss you Mommy daddy!!
"Take care of yourself nandini" Dadi pulled me in her arms while I was weeping hardly. Don't know when I will see them again?
"Buy yourself a mobile as soon as possible and update us with your every minute" dadu whispered near my ears and I bobbed my head lightly.
"Take care dadu dadi, I love you both you know right" I tried to smile throughout the tears which were carelessly dropping from my eyes.
"And we love you too nandu. Don't ever forget that we are always with you and don't trust strangers beta keep yourself save" dadu stuffed money in my hands and I looked at them and shaked my hands. How could I take this?
"You need this nandinii and you know this too so please don't say no" I bit my lips and nodded lightly feeling embarrassed, although they were right too. I needed it alot. I hugged them both together absorbing their warmth in me and then pulled myself back. 
"Bye" I smiled and they move forward to the exit of my room. My eyes get blury while heart drummed again it's cage. I wish we could live together happily like we used to do! My lips curled up seeing dadi coming back to me.
"Dadii..."
"Take this nandinii, it will give you the warmth which you'll need in your hard times, I will be with you nandini" she took off her shawal and wrapped around my body while involuntarily sob came out from my mouth.
Oh dadii I love you!
"Excuse me lady if you had this type of plan in your mind you should tell me too. Now what I will give her?" Dadu complaint making both of us giggle lightly.
Oh dadu I love you too!!
"You have to keep my handkerchief as I can't give you my shirt!" He mumbled while taking out that from his pocket. My chest rose up and down with a heartful chuckle.
How I'm gonna live without them again??
********
"Are you starving?" My hands stopped abruptly who were about to pull chair of dining table. My mind alarmed me to wisely put words in front of him.
"N..No" I lowered my head while my body shivered lightly.
"Then what are doing here?" He scoffed and I flinched back.
"N... nothin..g I was...just goin..g.. I am.. not hungry.." I fumbled on my words seeing their eating me alive gazes, turning my way back to my room I trembling started to go.
"Tomorrow harshad is coming and we will go to pick him up, stay in your room till 5. I don't want you to see out neither I want to listen any type of voice from your room" maa spoke making me frowned.
Who's harshad now?? Whatever who cares!
I nodded and run back to my room and locked the door behind me hastily with my sweating hands and drummed heart.
Thank you Lord you have created easiness for me! I would have be gone from mumbai till 5 and they will not have any idea about this. Now just help me from running away from here!
********
Mumbai; At Event place..
After the event, manik came out with cabir while kavya was inside bidding bye to her fellows and they were waiting for her
"Woah! I am sorry to say but you've really moved on very fastly from alya" cabir patted his back with a glint of mischievousness in his eyes.
"She tried to get too personal in life cabir... And you know I can't afford that plus I don't like someone spying on me" manik who was leaning on his car spoke nonchalantly making cabir gasped dramatically.
"Damn! Over-dramatic" manik thought in his mind.
"You can't be freaking serious mhen! She tried to spy on you? She knows?" Cabir asked while kicking the stone on the road carelessly.
"Don't worry everything is under control" manik said and cabir nodded understandingly his unsaid words.
"And ya about moving on, on kavya then she's just a friend of mine! You know celebrity have to show off with someone to show their chemistry and all so I'm doing the same bro" manik shurgged earning a great laugh from his buddy.
"Ya, but I tell you she's the one for you.. If not now but afterwards you both will end-up together" he chuckled in the end humorlessly. Manik eyes went to kavya who was coming out gracefully and spoke with his dark voice,
"Last time you said the same but don't know when I'll meet with my someone...."
******
"What's wrong with you?" Manik frowned seeing her sitting with a blown out mood.
"Why don't you keep a driver? He will drive for you, you know?" She asked and dev's face contoured with confusion.
"Were you thinking about this?...... anyways I love to drive and I don't want anyone intruding my privacy not even by a driver so I drive by own" he said and his eyes were glancing her expressions while his main attention was on road.
"I want to tell you something manik" kavya moved her hands on his biceps and gripped it slowly.
"Wwhat?" He asked being highly uncomfortable from her presence action.
"I love you manik" she spoke shyly while the car stopped abruptly with a sudden brake. He moved his head to her sight to look at her face.
"She wasn't joking.. is she?" Manik thought while gripping steering wheel.
"Are in your senses?" He fustratingly asked from her.
"Manik... You love me too right! Don't you?" She asked and leaned forward to cup his cheeks and reduce the distance.
"We met last week, we barely know each other and you are telling me that you love me. Don't you think it's little too fast to make me fool by your darned feelings?" He pulled his hand from her grip annoyingly as he knew what was coming in the way! Why everyone have made the 'love' feeling like a joke. Is he some sort of credit card to someone which passcode is 'I-love-you-manik' now please let me take out the cash! Damnit man!
"Manik you can't say this! I have been feeling so strongly for you and time doesn't have any say in this feeling it just comes to you in very first sight too." She ridiculed at him with her not so good eye-roll.
"I can't say anything right now kavya. I don't have any feelings for you. We both are together just for name sake and you also said that on our first day the same thing" Manik again started his car and push the gas pedal to speed up and added after getting on response "I don't want you to keep your hopes high dear, but you are not bad to yourself so may be I could also feel same for you" he winked at her with a light chuckle at which she plastered a fake smile to him but manik made sure to enlighten the tensing environment in the car.
Shit! I know I can't love her because she also don't have any love for me too.. even  there were no feelings in her confession too, it was just mechanical and a false statement which he's never gonna believe!..
********
Naraingarh Village
Nandini's pov...
Once everyone made their ways to their room and after making sure they have been in a type tight sleep. I picked my bag and hanged on my shoulder with a clenching heart I took my slippers in my free hand and tiptoed decended the stairs. Once reaching down I made my way to the backyard of the house where his men will not be present and I can easily run out.
With each step of out of this house my body pained like there were whole world's weight was set on my body and I can't even help myself to reduce it. Taking a quick glance back over my shoulder I dropped my bag from the window and myself quickly jumped out without making any voice. Cold wind attack me with it's speed making me tremble and fisting my duppata.
My breaths stopped and head became heavy. Am I doing right? Should I go back? Should I marry the person with whom they wants me to get marry to? Should I let them crush me under their feets? Hot tears dropped down from my eyes and I leaned on the cold wall making me shivered more.  What should I do? Once I ran away from here there will be no coming back otherwise they will kill me. And what if I will run away they caught me in London too? I can't take him lightly? God help me!!