chapter 8

I sat on the swing at the playground near my house. I looked at the ground and swung myself slowly. I was in deep thought. From my feelings to Jaemin and now Yerim accusing Jihyo. Everything is just messed up.

  "I knew you'd be here" I heard Jaemins' voice from behind.

  He walked towards me and sat at the other swing. We just swung silently. He then looked at me.

  "What's wrong? Is there any problem?" he asked but I didn't reply him.

  "You know. I want to ask something. About Jihyo..." he said as I stopped my swing.

  "Didn't you hear anything? From Soonhee or Sunmi, or other kids?" he asked me.

  "I don't know" I said.

  "I think it's weird. Jihyo is not that kind of person. She can't hate anyone. How can she push someone down the stairs. Did you see anything?" he asked.

  "Nothing" I said.

  "Really? You really didn't see anything?" he asked again.

  "I told you I didn't!" I repeated, raising my voice.

  "Sorry. I'm just really worried. I think she's being bullied in school" he said as I stood up.

  "I think I need to go now. I have homework. And also, I'm not worried about Jihyo at all so ask someone else about Jihyo" I told him.

  "What" he asked me in disbelief.

  "Annoying" I mumbled quietly and started walking off.

  Jaemin quickly grabbed my arm before I could continue walking.

  "Hey, why are you talking like that?" Jaemin asked as I pulled my arm from him and stormed off.

  The next day, our class was at the study hall. I saw other students passing around notes. Yerim and the girls were throwing paper balls at Jihyo who was trying to study quietly. Then, the girls infront of us passed me the note. I unfolded it as Juyeon, Hayoung and Namjoo looked at it as well.

' Kang Jihyo pushed Miyeon to get first place in practical exam! Fact confirmed. A lot of witnesses! '

  I crushed the paper and tried to continue studying. Then, I saw Jihyo stand up from her seat and walked to Yerim's table.

  "Is there anything you'd like to say? If there is, then say it in front of me" Jihyo questioned them.

  "We didn't want to say anything though. Hey, I think she's gone crazy" one of the girls stood up and said as the other girls started laughing.

  "I told you I didn't push her. Did anyone say anything?" Jihyo asked them.

  "We didn't say anything. Is there anything that made you offended?" Yerim said.

  "You really" Jihyo took a step forward.

  "Oh, I think she's going to push me too!" Yerim exaggerated.

  "Nevermind. Let's stop this" Jihyo said before one of the girls held Jihyo's wrist. Jihyo pulled her wrist back as the girl fell.

  "What's wrong"

  "Are you okay"

  Jihyo panicked and wanted to run but one of the other girls sticked her leg out and tripped Jihyo. Jihyo fell and everyone snickered except for me and my friends. Jihyo quickly stood up and collected her things as she walked out of the room.

  "Naeun, you saw the note right? Is it right that Jihyo pushed her?" Namjoo asked me.

  "How am I supposed to know?" I replied.

  "Look at them. Since Miyeon is injured, they want to get rid of Jihyo too" Hayoung said looking at Yerim and the girls high five-ing each other.

  "Then shouldn't we help her?" Namjoo asked.

  "We don't even know if she pushed her or not" Eunji said.

  I looked at my book before standing up, gaining attention, and walking out of the room. I walked at the hallway and saw Jihyo sitting on the bench, leaning on the wall. She was trying to hold in her tears. I sighed as I look at her troubled expression.

  Right when the bell rang, Yerim and the girls surround Jihyo and started pushing her around. I was standing outside the front door with Juyeon.

  "Aren't you gonna tell her" Juyeon asked as I sigh.

  "Step aside" Jihyo said as she tried to walk but ended up getting pushed.

  "If you pushed someone, you have to apologize. Apologize to Eunha" one of the girls said.

  "Why do I need to apologize to her?" Jihyo asked.

  "After breaking someone leg, do you think pushing is not a problem?" Yerim raised her voice at Jihyo.

  "I told you I didn't push Miyeon" Jihyo told her.

  "If you said you didn't push her, do you think the problem is solved" one of the girls said and shoved Jihyo to the back of the classroom.

  Jihyo hit her back on the cupboard behind the classroom hard. I saw her slouch while touching her back. The girls then surrounded get again.

  The same girl who pushed Jihyo started pulling her hair, pushing her face with her hand and finger, blabbering sh*t to Jihyo.

  "What are you doing? Kneel and apologize now!" another girl, Eunha, said.

   Jihyo just glared at them.

  "Look at her eyes. She really can kill someone" the girl pushed her head again.

  "What a psychopath!" the girl slapped her head as Yerim smiled in satisfaction.

  Hayoung and Namjoo quickly walked out of the back door. They saw me and Juyeon at standing outside of the front door.

  "Naeun, the situation in class is really weird. Let's go" Namjoo tried to pull me away but I shrugged them off.