Part 1

K

I had been following my brother and his band around all week. They were in the middle of writing and recording their first album and had been everywhere and anywhere trying to find free studio space in L.A. Of course, I had to go with them. I was just as much a part of the band as Darren, lead guitarist and singer, was himself. But as much as I love my brother and the band's company I was finally glad to be able to have some alone time. As I collapsed on the sofa I let out a sigh of relief. There was no better feeling than being able to relax in my own apartment on my own sofa.

That was until my phone started going off with multiple texts coming through at the same time. I didn't even have to look to know that the messages were coming from the Restless Panic group chat but still, as I pulled my phone out of my back pocket to check my notifications I internally groaned as I seen I was correct.

-Jeffers: Guys I need to call a band meeting, any chance we can meet up either tonight or tomorrow at some point?
-Darren: Yeah sure man what time are u free?
-Oatie: We've literally just got home Jeffrey fs
-Jeffers: Fuck off Otis it's important.
-Darren: Right I'll book us into Granville's tonight for 7pm
-Kiev: Do I have to come too?
-Jeffers: Yes.
-Kiev: fuck.

This resulted in another groan. What could possibly be so important that they had to meet up again? Checking the time, I saw that it was coming up to 3pm and decided it would be best to take a shower and freshen myself up before meeting the guys for dinner. I sent a text to Darren asking if he would pick me up on his way to the restaurant. It's not like I couldn't drive or anything. In fact, I was a pretty good driver, I just had an inkling that I would need a good amount of alcohol in order to be able to stay sane and like any normal person I wouldn't want to drink and drive.

After taking a shower I felt like a new woman. I threw on some comfy clothes for now and picked up my book from its perch on my bedside table and tucked it under my arm. I was so sick of writing recently that if I had to look at my notebook again I thought I might cry. Being an English major, aspiring author and helping the boys with their song writing, reading had taken a back seat for the time being. I quickly poured myself a new coffee and curled up on the sofa and started to read. I'd barely gotten past the page I was on before my buzzer went, signifying someone was looking in to my apartment.

"Aw for FUCK sake," I yelled loudly. Five minutes of peace is all I asked for. I picked up the intercom and was greeted by Alexander, the drummer in Restless Panic, and also my favourite to have a laugh and goof off with.

I was close to each band member for a different reason. I was close to Darren obviously. He was my older brother but I was also prided by the fact that he was my best friend and always had been. I was closest to Otis out of the guys. He knew everything there was to know about me and was always my favourite shoulder to cry on. Out of everyone, even my small circle of gal pals he was the one who I was always most comfortable with to the point that people always asked if we were dating. Jeffrey is definitely the protective one. He thinks of me as the little sister he never had and wouldn't hesitate to kick someone's ass if they looked at me the wrong way. Then we have Alexander, also known as Alex or Xander, my favourite goofball. Who was now standing in front of me grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"What could you possibly be grinning at," I glared at him, sidestepping so that he could get in to my apartment.

"That's no way to greet your friend is it?" By the time I had closed the door and made my way back to the lounge he had already made himself at home. I kicked his feet off my coffee table and collapsed on the sofa beside him.

"In all seriousness though, why are you here? We've literally just finished for the day and not only do I have to go to dinner with you pricks, but now I can't even get five minutes to myself?" I asked him. He grinned at me again and shoved me playfully,