♟My Own Demon♟

♞♘♞♘
I hurriedly got dressed with Bridget's help. She laughed at my seemingly visible nervousness.
"Miss Blackwood, ye be shakin in ye wee knickers this fair mornin!" she said. I smiled and wrapped a light shaw around my shoulders. It was going to be brisk outside and Bridget insisted that I wear one.
"Yes, perhaps I am a bit nervous." I admitted as we left my bedroom to fetch myself a cup of tea before ajourning to the front steps.

As told to me in the note, Ciel's carraige arrived exactly at 10AM. Sebastian smiled and opened the door of the carraige for me. The driver quickly took off toward London.
Shyly, I looked up at Sebastian, his auburn eyes blinked peacefully, then his face grew serious.
"We'll have plenty of time for this later." he said. "But for now, the investigation."
"Oh yes, the note entaled that you would tell me. It also mentioned much danger." I said, growing curious about the upcoming mission. Sebastian smoothed his jacket sleeves.
"The Children of London have been going missing again." he sighed, "It's highly presumed that the person who started the fire in the farmlands also is the cuplrit with the kidnappings."
"How is this to be assumed?"
"Because once the child is kidnapped, the household is set ablaze."

We arrived at the Undertaker's shop where he begged us for a laugh. Ciel was there, not amused by Grell's crude attempts to make the Undertaker laugh.
"Undertaker! This matter is of great importance!" Ciel said, his voice louder than normal. Sebastian sighed and shook his head.
"Ah, young maser, please don't raise your voice, it isn't good for your health." he said calmly, placing a hand on Ciel's shoulder. My cousin brushed it away and increased his frown.
"Seabstian! It is about time you arrive!" Ciel said brashly glaring up at him. Sebastian pulled his silver pocket watch out, looking at the time.
"But master, it is only 25 second after the set meeting time."
"Fine. Make Undertaker a deal, I am going to speak with Millie outside." Ciel offered me his arm and we left the shop.
Out in the street, Ciel leaned his back onto the wall of the Undertaker's shop.
"So Sebastian explained the mission to you?" he asked. I nodded.
"The children are going missing again." I replied. Ciel sighed.
"It's pathetic how these rats plague our streets, even after years of purging them." his breathe was barely visible in the chilly air. I frowned in concern.
"You will get sick if you continue to stay out here." I whispered.  He shrugged and there was a rather loud rumble of laughter coming from inside the shop. I arched an eyebrow and Ciel smirked.
"I think Undertaker is ready to talk now." he said and we went back inside.
The Undertaker was sitting on a barrel of salt, litterally shaking from laughter. Sebastian just stood observing him with a quiet chuckle. Grell was laying rather scandlously on the counter making eyes at Sebastian. I forced my teeth onto my tongue to keep from bursting into a pure jealous rant.
"Undertaker! Tell us where the children are, now." Ciel said, narrowing his eye. Undertaker sighed, his breath puffing his bangs up slightly and I saw a flash of his glowing eyes. Beautiful jade color. I blushed and looked to see if Sebastian saw my sudden excitement. His reddish eyes were narrowed in my direction but he gave me a sly smile when he saw I was looking at him. Of course this  made me blush even further and I didn't hear anything that was said from Undertaker.

Before I knew it, Sebastian was hustling me out of the shop and Grell's high pitched voice was going on and on about my "amazing" gown and fashion sence. I waved a goodbye and he blew Sebastian a kiss.
In the carraige, Sebastian and Ciel discussed the place where the children were being kept.......an old mill that no longer is in use about a half a day away. Ciel ordered the driver to take us back to the mansion to eat luncheon.
"We will eat a meal, and then drive over to the mill. I have a feeling this won't be an easy fight. Millie?"
I looked from the carraige window to my cousin. He had a look of total seriousness and slight irritation.
"Yes, Ciel?"
"Do you think you are ready to fight if the oppirtunity were to arise?" he asked. I nodded.
Since I moved in with Lizzie, we had several fencing matches and she taught me how to sword fight. I proved to be excellant according to Lizzie. This made me proud, and even if I were to be bait, I carried small blade in my sleeve and a short sword at my hip. Of course Ciel probably thinks I am a whimp, him with his pistols and stuff.
"Why yes, cousin I am ready to take arms with you at any moment." I replied. He nodded.
"Good. I don't know what this battle will be against, but we should be prepared."
"You mean who." Sebastian said quickly, holding out his gloved hand. A tiny spider crawled onto it and waved its little legs at him. He squashed it and flicked it out the window.
"Sebastian?" Ciel went white. "Is 'who', who I think it might be?" Sebastian looked at him and shrugged.
"I feel like it is, my lord."
"Who?!" I asked, leaning forward as the carraige lurched to a stop infront of the mansion. We all got out and Sebastian went on to explain who he thought it was.
"But I thought he was dead?" I asked. Ciel shook his head.
"Demons don't die. They are merely sent back to the depths of hell to come back when their tasks are unfinished on Earth." he said. I shook my head and tried to mentally prepare myself for a battle.