Live your life, I'll live mine 2

"Not this time, baby." She frowns. "Don't be sad, I promise that you'll meet him soon enough, and then he'll come to all of your Kindergarten events." I feel bad for lying, but I'd rather have her believe than to have her constantly sad.

She nods her head and a smile comes to her face. "Can we get ice-cream?" I laugh. Even though I know I shouldn't because of her tummy ache, I just can't resist her. "Sure we can, baby."

Driving to Teddy's Ice-cream Parlor, I order a chocolate scoop with marshmallows for myself and a vanilla with sprinkles for Kiana. I seat us down at a booth in the far back and we eat our ice-cream as she tells me about her half a day at kindi.

"And then, I did finger painting!" I widen my eyes, pretending to be amazed. "Whoa! Maybe you can teach mommy one day?" I ask and she laughs. "Of course I can teach Kitty Kat!" She really enjoys calling me a kitten. I truly regret the day I told her what my name is.

"Kiana," I groan. "It's mommy or Katrina." She shakes her head stubbornly. "Kitty Kat!" I sigh and continue eating my ice-cream. My phone suddenly rings and I furrow my eyebrows. Who could that be? I look at the caller I.D and see it's a number I don't know.

"Hello?" I answer and I hear Madie on the other end. "Hey!" I frown. "How did you get my number?" I ask and she laughs. "The school just up front gave it to me." I roll my eyes. "Too bad if you were a murderer." She laughs as she agrees. "So I was just wondering if you're coming back to school." I almost choke on my ice-cream as I remember school. "Shit!" I whisper.

I drive hurriedly towards Melanie High. "Now baby, I just have to stop at mommy's school, and-" "Oh!" She interrupts me. "Can I come to your new school?" She's use to beg me all the time to see my old school, but of course I'd never let her go there. I hesitate.

"Beautiful," I look at her quickly before looking back out onto the road. "If I let you come, you have to call me Kat, or sissy. Like we use to do at our other home. Okay?" I really can't have people finding out about Kiana so early. I don't want rumors to spread; I want a break from all of it. That's partly why I moved in the first place.

"Okay!" I bite my lip. She's only three... What if she forgets? "You have to promise me?" I ask her and she sighs. It's like she's been here before! I mean, everyone tells me that she's so mature for her age, but wow! "I promise, sissy." She smiles cheekily and I laugh.

We're at my school in no time, and I unbuckle her before we're on our way towards the office. The principal has already told me that if I have any issues then all I have to do is talk to him about it and he'll do his best to help me out. But I don't think he considered me needing his help on my first day.

"Can I help you?" Wow, this schools' office lady is a bitch, and all she said to me is four words. But the attitude needs to be slapped right out of her. "Uh, yeah. I need to speak to the principal..." She squints her eyes and looks down at Kiana, who's looking around her in wonder.

"Cute kid you got there." I look around me quickly to notice that the office is quite packed, with both students and teachers. "Um, my sister?" I guess I was a good actress, because her eyes widened considerably. "Oh, sorry." I nod my head.

"Mo-" Kiana started, and then stopped herself. She didn't say anything; she just continued to look around her. I thanked the heavens. "The principal will be ready in fifteen minutes for you to meet with him. He's just with a new student at the moment." I nod and take a seat with Kiana.

I watch the little scenes around me: there's a student working the rolls and the computer admin chatting with someone who looks like a student. There's also two other students lined up in the paying section.

How boring.

"Kiana, I was thinking, did you want to go to the zoo?" She nods her head slowly. "Kat, what do you do at a... Zoo?" I laugh. "Well, that's where all of the animals live." He eyes widen. "Like, the zebras and the monkeys?" I nod, and she copies me. "Yes! I want to go there! Please?" I laugh. "Sure, we'll go there on Saturday." I better start saving.