6. notes

The next day, River sat under a tree as he read his book

The next day, River sat under a tree as he read his book. His younger brother, who had just got out of school, sat beside him with two peaches in his hands.

"Hey," Declan greeted, handing River a peach. "Wanna do something?"

"Yeah, in a minute," he replied, not looking up from his book. "I just have to finish this chapter."

River took a bite out of the fruit. The juice dripped onto his chin and he wiped it away with the back of his hand.

River turned to his brother, taking off his glasses. "I met a girl."

"Nice!"

"No, Declan. Not nice."

"What? What do you mean not nice?" Declan demanded. "Is she hot?"

"Uh, well - yeah, she's hot. She's beautiful."

"Do you not have fun together?"

"No, we do. She's great with stuff like that."

"Well damn, River! What's the problem?"

River leaned in closer. "You promise not to tell anyone?" Declan also leaned in, nodding. "She's a Steele."

"So?" Declan replied. "She's hot and you have fun together. Who cares about her name?"

"Just imagine how dissapointed our parents would be!"

"Do you like her?"

"I really like her."

"Then fuck everybody else."

...

Later that night, Shiloh walked back into her room after having dinner with her family. On her pillow, she found a yellow dandelion on top of a folded piece of paper. Shiloh unfolded it and began reading.

Dear Shiloh,

I haven't stopped thinking about you since Monday (also Saturday, but ESPECIALLY Monday). I'll be at your school to pick you up on Thursday. You don't have to come, but I'd really like if you did.

-Rio

P.S. Rio means River in Spanish

...

i'm v tired

~Sara