11 | the battle

We started to prepare for the battle that will take place. I put on my armor and I grabbed my sword

"Are you really joining us?" Edmund asked as he put on his armor.

"Of course... I want to and I have to. For Narnia," I replied as I walk out of the room, but before that he grabbed my wrist.

"I'll protect you no matter what, Erin... even if it causes my life," Edmund said.

I looked back at hin and he let go of my wrist. We had eye contact. I was going to laugh this off and joke about it, but he sounded and looked serious about giving his life to me even if it means not getting home anymore and not eating turkish delight.

"Ed-"

"I give you my life," he stated.

"And I give mine," I said and Ed has that 'you-weren't-suppose-to-say-that' look.

"Erin-"

"Let's go," I said and we both walked towards Peter's tent.

_

We arrived at the battle area. I was beside Peter with my horse. Edmund was behind us and Oreius was with us.

"They come, Your Highness, in numbers and weapons far greater then our own," A Gryphon stated.

"Numbers do not win a battle," Oreius said.

"No, but I bet they help," Peter said.

"We can do this. Aslan is with us and He is for us," I said and Peter looked at me.

"Be safe, Erin," Peter said.

My eyes met Peter's ocean eyes. It was so mesmerizing. I want to stare at it all day long. I want to wake up looking at those eyes and go to sleep looking at it, making it the last thing I see every night.

Then suddenly the Witch's army arrived. This is where the battle truly begins.

"Are you with me?" Peter said.

"To the death!" Oreus shouted.

Peter then shouted, "FOR NARNIA, AND FOR ASLAN!!"

A trumpet sounded a signal of battle.

We all charged.

We collided with the soldiers of the White Witch. I hit someone with my sword.

I couldn't keep my balance while riding my horse so I went down and fought at the ground. It was more easier for me considering I like single combat. Many hideous creatures were surrounding me. I held my sword up and I was ready to attack .

 I held my sword up and I was ready to attack