Chapter 42: Unknown Invitation

"Madame Jae. Time to wake up." Sebastian called and opened the curtains, letting the sun brighten my room. I opened my eyes and saw Matilda smiling at me from the side of the bed. "Hi Mommy!" She called, and I smiled. I'm so happy she's feeling better. "Mommy! Mommy! I met the Snake man! He was nice!" Matilda jumped on the bed, and I sat up. She had so much energy, but I guess that's what kids do; obtain energy when they sleep. Sebastian handed me a filled tea cup and grabbed Matilda off the bed and sat her down. "Come now Lady Matilda, time for you to bathe." He said and Matilda ran to the restroom. Sebastian grabbed a towel and followed her into the restroom. Sebby came from under the bed and jumped on my pillow. His huge, fluffy, black tail covered the kitty as he slept. "How long were you under there?" I asked and rubbed his head. Sebby purred in reply, and I sighed. I sipped my tea and sat the cup on my dresser. I remembered my dance lesson last night and smiled. The view of his eyes were completely stuck in my memory and I still felt relaxed. My heart calmed completely and my body felt like it was upon one of the white sky high clouds. Sebastian is handsome. It's very hard to believe he's a demon, acting so sweet. My smile disappeared. Was his personality just like this to take my soul? All the bad thoughts and scenarios entered my mind and my expression turned from happy to sad in seconds. Suddenly a slithering noise interrupted my thoughts and Sebby jumped behind me. A snake slithered onto my bed with a white piece of paper on it. I hesitated. What if this was Master's snake and after I read the message, the snake would bite me? The snake hissed and came closer. "Okay." I said and reached for the ribbon. It slid off easily, and I opened the small ribbon. "'Thank you for letting us stay here. I'm very happy. -Says Oscar.'" Oh, Snake wrote this. "You must be Oscar?" I asked. The little snake hissed again and slid off my bed and under the door. 'Okay, that was Snake's snake, Oscar...Oscar.' I tried to remember the little reptiles name and smiled. Suddenly, Maddie came in dressed in a pink dress, and her hair was in a black bun. She was so....pink.

"What on Earth are you wearing?" I asked. Maddie smiled and walked over to me. "This was a gift from mother. Before she.." Maddie shook her head and kept a nice smile. "Snake is settling right in at the manor. Isn't that nice?" She asked. I nodded. Her dress shined bright in the light and made my eyes wince. "What's wrong?" She asked. "You know I hate pink. Also white." I complained, and she giggled. "Yes, I know. I came to tell you we got a letter." She sat next to me on the bed and handed me the letter. The seal was different and very interesting. 'A spider?' I thought. "Maddie do you know anyone that seals their letters with a spider seal stamp?" I asked. Maddie looked up at the ceiling with her finger tapping her chin. "No." She replied. "Not really. That's unusual." I opened the letter and pulled out invitations to a ball. Oh dear..

Maddie squealed happily. "A ball! Another exciting event!" She jumped from the bed and spun in circles. "It'll be so much fun meeting someone handsome!" I sighed. "Didn't you meet Richard that way? Do you really want to go down that path again?" I asked. Maddie thought for a moment. "I guess you're right, but now you can show off your new dance steps with Sebastian!"

I unconsciously jumped up from my bed in surprise. "What!?" I exclaimed. "I saw you two dancing last night. You both looked so happy dancing under the moonlight." Maddie closed her eyes and sighed. Her cheeks flushed and she smiled happily. I blushed in embarrassment. Maddie was the last person I wanted to see me dancing with Sebastian.

Sebastian's POV:

Matilda held a handful of bubbles in her hands and blew the huge mass of soap into the air. They floated in the air, and she smiled happily. Her hair was covered in soap as I gently washed her hair and body. "Daddy look! Look!" she exclaimed and pointed to the huge clear bubble. I gently rubbed the soap soaked towel on her back and smiled. She was very pretty. Her finger reached to the bubble and popped the huge soap creation. "Ow!" She cried and held her left eye. I wiped my hands quickly and turned her face to mine. "Can you open your eye?" I asked. "No! It burns! Wah!" She cried covering her eye. I gently removed her hand, and she held her eye closed. "Lady Matilda, please try to open your eye." I pleaded and Matilda pouted. "It hurts."

"Yes, I know, but you have to open your eye."

Matilda hesitated for a moment and nodded. She reminds me so much of Jae. Matilda slowly opened her eye and it was bright red. She got quite a lot of soap in it. I grabbed a towel and dipped it into the water, soaking half of it. I gently placed it over her eye and she sighed. "Are you and Mommy gonna get married?" She asked. I froze completely overwhelmed with heat at her question. "I want to be your flower girl." She said and smiled. I looked down at her, and she removed the towel from her eye. "I'm sorry Matilda, but Mommy and I aren't going to be hitched."

Her eyes welled up with tears and her bottom lip quivered.

"But," I began again, and she looked up at me,"I'll be happy to play dress up with you if you wish to be a flower girl." I smiled at her and she wiped her eyes. "Yay!" Matilda cried. I grabbed her hand and helped her out of the tub. I dried her off with a towel and wrapped her hair in another towel. She hummed the tune 'London Bridge' as I put Jae's robe around her. She seemed to know the song pretty well. We walked into the room and Maddie and Jae were spinning around holding hands. "Oh how exciting!" Maddie squealed. She wore a pink ball dress and had a beautiful tiara on her head. She looked like a full fledged princess. "Jae, Matilda is finished bathing." I stated and she released Maddie's hands in annoyance.

"Thank you, Sebastian." I replied and sighed. "Sebastian!" Maddie called. "Please get dressed! We're invited to a ball this evening!" I looked at her in anger. We didn't even decide on that yet! "Wait, Maddie!" I called, and she grabbed Matilda in her arms. She spun around, swinging Matilda's legs in the air. "We'll dance till we can't dance no further in the moonlight!"

"Yay!! A ball! A ball!" Matilda squealed. I held my head and sighed heavily. Now Matilda wanted to go. "Sebastian! Get Jae ready in an hour!" Maddie ordered. He bowed politely. "I'll get everything ready."

Maddie and Matilda left my room, and I sat on the bed lazily. "Great." I sighed. Sebastian eyed me with a confused look in his face. "What ever is the matter, Jae?" He asked. I sat up and looked at him. "Maddie!" I complained. "She's always planning to have fun when something unreal is happening!"

Sebastian smiled and laughed under his breath. "What's funny?" I asked. "Forgive me, but Madame Maddie sounds so similar to your mother."

I smiled suddenly."I guess you're right." I stood up and walked up to Sebastian. I looked him in the eye and stood on my tiptoes. He looked back at me with a puzzled look on his face. "Listen," I began,"You stay by my side. We don't know anyone there so we'll have to act like Matilda is our daughter." I blushed at my own words. Matilda our daughter? Sebastian smiled and nodded. "Whatever you say." he replied. "Shall we get ready, My dear?"