10. New Teacher

THE NEXT MORNING, ALEXANDRA WALKED INTO THE SWORD ARTS DEPARTMENT. Everyone tried to act normal, as if she wasn't the first female to sweep the floors of Arga Lorraine's coveted sword arts department. As if she was any other person, as if today was any other day. But ignorance doesn't last long.
          Today, Master Kent didn't come. So who was going to substitute him for the remainder of the academic school year? Everyone was waiting with anticipation. Alexandra largely ignored the others as well as she walked in, and found herself a nice spot in the practice room. Tony Anthony, a scrawny sophomore, gave her a dark glare behind her back. Alexandra did not know that the spot she took belonged to Felix Fisher before he left. A few heads glanced her direction, some in anger, most in dissatisfaction. Then the doors swing open, and everyone turns their heads to the door, wondering who will enter. Even Alexandra turned around to see what everyone was so excited about, But to everyone's dismay, it was only Brett, making his grand entrance, and getting a second of everyone's full attention. What a sad boy who lives on everyone's approval. Alexandra thought mockingly. Everyone looked away, their excitement instantly dissipating away. At this, Brett clears his throat, purposely loudly, and prolonged and spoke,

"SO, GENTLEMEN" he paused for a moment, and looked at Alexandra, then added, "and a lady", "Although Master Kent was a wonderful and amazing teacher... we now must accept his retirement and embrace our new sword arts teacher."

"Who is it?" Tony Anthony impatiently calls out. Brett gives a disgusting smirk. He placed his index finger to his mouth and made a silencing gesture,

"It's a secret."
"And how did you know?" Jacob Moose, a freshman shots.
"Because I'm Brett, and you're not." He replied and made a hair flipping gesture as he walked to his spot. He paused mid track when he saw Alexandra attentively practicing some high difficulty movements with her Earl 13.

"Alexandra Gallagher." Alexandra doesn't stop what she was doing, she had no time to hear Brett's crap. "I suggest you find a new spot. That spot is reserved for the GREATEST sword artist of Arga Lorraine." He bit on the word greatest, indirectly reminding Alexandra of her embarrassing defeat at the castle. She show Brett a death glare.

"Shut your mouth right now before I shut it forever." Alexandra hissed. Brett smirks at her words. Sometimes, she wanted to tear down his nasty face. Sometime, she would need to teach him a lesson.

"Wait, just wait for it, Alexandra Gallagher." He marches away with a sense of triumph. Then, slowly, the doors creak open, little by little. A tall guy, it seems like. Alexandra's eyes, was fixed on him. Felix Fisher. He gave her a barely noticeable smile as he walked forward into the room. Everyone gave a look of pire shock. Then a blast of cheers.

"Felix! You're back!" Anthony shouts as the other boys cheer. Even the freshmen seems to have heard of his name. Then he looked at Alexandra who was still on Felix's seat, and gave a smug look identical to Brett's earlier. Felix stood in the middle of the spacious room, where everyone could see him.

"As you all know, Master Kent has retired, and before so, he has requested that I take over his position as he has something extremely important to do for the remainder of the academic year. I will follow by h8s curriculum and make sure we are all on the same track. Now," he looks sideways at Alexandra. Everyone was anticipating with smug looks, waiting for Felix to bust her. "Alexandra Gallagher" Alexandra looks at him as his eyes bore into hers at the same time. "For now on, will be the representative of the sword arts department, and will take my seat as I will move into the singular practice room next to this room." Everyone was surprised that Felix didn't punish her and even made her representative (which is usually the best student of the current class) as he wasn't very patient with girls. But they all reluctantly nod in agreement. "Now, everyone will start to practice for the upcoming annual Arga festival next month. And Alexandra, come out with me."

Alexandra followed Felix out the room, deliberately ignoring all the vicious stares he got from everyone else. As soon as Felix closed the door, the room darkens from the lack of light. In the semi darkness, Alexandra can still see Felix's contours and glistening eyes. But when Alexandra looks more closely, she realized his eyes was actually not the same color. His left eye was creepily black, while the other one was shining turquoise. It created a stark contrast. "Why..." Alexandra began.

"It's a curse set upon me." Felix answered.
"Why? Who did it to you?"
"Your father." He answers, his voice turning dangerously cold. Out of thin air, Felix's blue Kreptor 8 sword materializes in his hands.

"I thought you told me I was the only person who could summon the elemental forces?"
"I can't summon the elemental forces, but I can summon the dark forces." With that, a turquoise key appears next to him.