2: A Van Gogh

YOU’RE PROBABLY WONDERING about fact 102. Why can’t female idols fall inlove? Well, it’s not that we can’t FOREVER. By that fact, I mean only for a short time. It’s a well-known rule in the k-pop industry that most agencies implement, a three-year dating ban that prohibited idols from having a relationship with someone as it would ruin their career. When K-idols will date someone, they will meet various reactions from the fans and harsh judgments. Some will support the idols but some will curse when they don’t like the pairing.

Nevertheless, I’m hoping to find that love someday, when time allows me to.

“Hale, maknae. What took you so long?” Yeji asked when I arrived in the dorm. “You made me worry.”

I gave her a wide grin. “Nah, you should blame the monthly curse every girl goes through. I almost slept in the cubicle because of this.”

“Why, you didn’t use biopads?”

If you’re asking about Yeji, I would tell you she’s a white girl who can rock multiple hair colors. For now, she dyed her hair blonde with pink and mint green as an accent. Her style is chic. In the group, she’s the main singer and mother. The thing is she CARES. Whenever someone is sick, she would act like a nurse, attending on the patient’s needs. Whenever someone is crying, she would be a handkerchief, telling the sad soul to carry on. Whenever someone needs help, she would gladly offer a hand. A mother, indeed.

I gave her a sad face. “The curse only broke out this afternoon and I didn’t bring one with me so I opted to buy an ordinary tampon in the canteen.”

“Oh, that’s awful. Come in and get changed,” she said to which I nodded. I passed by her and walked straight to my room. I put my bag down on the bed and opened it. I grabbed the rude guy’s bag and placed it inside the cabinet so no one can see it.

“Na na na na,” I hummed as I changed into a yoga pants and white shirt. I jumped to the bed and hugged my Stitch stuff toy. This is such a nice bed. I felt so comfy here.

Fact about female idols 103: We always miss our bed.

“La la la la la la la, let’s dance the night away!” I heard Le singing Twice’s song as she walked inside our room. I opened my eyes and saw her dancing like a chicken that had its wings plucked out.

Fact 104: We love to imitate the songs and choreography of other groups.

“Hale! Get up now, time for dinner!” she said.

Well, this one’s Le, the ash-haired Chinese girl with tanned skin. She’s got the body and height of a model. Infact, many modelling agencies have contacted her even when she was still a trainee. In Kisses, she was the lead dancer, lead rapper and visual. She’s my closest friend in the group and we share the same room. Only Le can make me cry and laugh at the same time.

“Yah! You’re a nuisance! I’m taking a nap here!” I yelled. She walked towards me and began to shake the bed. “Get up! Stubborn maknae!”

Annoyed, I lazily sat up on the bed. “I hate you,” I said as I stood up and headed to the door.

“Yah! Why are you so irritable tonight, huh?”

I ignored Le and went to the dining room. The delicious aroma of shrimp soup grew stronger, inciting my hunger. Jiyeon smiled at me as she set the dish on the table. “You really make a great wife, Jiyeon,” I complimented her.