I~ Café Mocha

"Gorgeously blossoming flowers. Even the wind is sweet in this dream like place. Whenever I'm with you, wherever it is, my heart flutters as it enters the picture."
.•°・.°。☆。°.・°•.
Authors POV

The wind and rain whipped through Felix's auburn locks as he tugged his coat closet to his chest. He blindly walked through the wild weather, relying on muscle memory to take him to his destination. Ever since he moved to Korea for college, he found himself visiting found himself visiting a particular cafe often, finding an odd familial comfort in the friendly staff.

      Felix shuffled through the glass door, disrupting the silver bells sitting quietly above it and alerting the attention of the barista, who oddly enough, Felix did not recognize. He gulped, not anticipating the new face. He walked over as confidently as he could muster and tried not to trip over his own feet.

      "Hello, welcome to Showki's. What can I get for you?" His voice was warm and friendly with a strange lilt to it. Once he and the unfamiliar barista met eyes, all the uneasiness rooted in his core melted away. He felt lighter, in a way.

"U-um, can I get a...a c-café mocha p-please,"He chokes out quietly. Upon seeing him from a much closer distance, he realized that it the stranger was absolutely beautiful. His dark hair was curly and tousled from a long work day, and despite the deep pockets of bruised skin under his deep brown, tired eyes, they still held a certain shine to them. Felix tried not to stare in wonder.

"Of course, is that all?"

"Y-yes,"

     "Alright then coming right up." He chirped, the tiny crevice in his cheek revealing itself. Felix looked down and quickly payed, afraid if holding up the nonexistent line. When he received his change, their hands brushed together lightly, sending electricity up the freckled boy's arm and up his spine. He shuffled away to his designated corner booth and attempted to calm his nerves and cool his burning cheeks. Almost instantaneously, there was a presence next to him. He looked up to meet eyes with one of the owners of the shop.

      "Bokie! Where've you been these past weeks? We missed you here." The pink haired male, Kihyun, whined.

      "A-ah, I've...I've been b-busy." The smile he had upon seeing a familiar face faded, and Kihyun, bless his soul, decided not to pry.

      "Hmm. How are you?" He hummed quietly, and Felix instantly felt warm. Kihyun had such a soothing, motherly voice, something that never failed to make Felix feel better no matter what.

       "...b-better, I guess. Where, where are the rest of the Hyungs?" Kihyun looked around the empty cafe and shifted to lean against the table.

      "These days we've been so busy I almost forgot you haven't been here this late in a while. Kyun quit because he interns at JYP and heonie quit because he found a job somewhere closer to his apartment. Min only works the morning shift now, Hyungwon is on register two, and Hoseok is in the kitchen with Hyunwoo now."

      Felix nodded and hummed slightly in understanding, but his gaze flickered over to the unfamiliar face that first greeted him. Unfortunately, Kihyun observed this small detail.

      "Since we were down two and a half people," He continued, "we needed to find more people to work, and Chan over there was willing to work for us on short notice. He's a looker isn't he? Your face was practically on fire." Felix blushed once again, making Kihyun chortle.

      "Hyuuuung, I-I just don't know him." Felix pleaded, already not missing the constant teasing he would recieve from everyone here.

      There was a call from the kitchen and the pink-haired male walked off, only to come back with his order.

      "Here you go, bokie. I have to get back to work now. See you in a bit." He have Felix's damp auburn locks a ruffle and sped over to the back room. Felix took a sip of his coffee and took a glance around the room, his gaze eventually landing on the stranger who looked like he was about to fall asleep standing up any minute. He shifted his gaze over to the lanky cashier who was now staring intently at him with an unreadable expression. The small smile on his lips that he didn't even realize was there was replaced with a nervous, indifferent line. A cold chill crept its way down his spine as Hyungwon beckoned him over.

      Felix—who knew not to disobey Hyungwon, especially if he was already upset with him—waddled over to the front where the brown haired male was standing and awaited nervously for a scolding.

      "Felix," The shorter flinched, not used to hearing his English name. "I haven't seen you in ages I'm so glad you're okay!"  Hyungwon yelled suddenly, grabbing Felix's chubby cheeks and squishing them. The near-sleeping boy next to them was startled awake and Kihyun's yelling was heard from inside the office.

      "S-schcoolwork," Felix gently removes Hyungwon's vice grip from his cheeks. "H-has been keeping me busy." He replied vaguely. He stole a sideways glance from the still unnamed male standing beside his Hyung. They met eyes and Felix looked at his hands, fiddling madly with the drawstrings of his sweatshirt.

      "You get no punishment for disappearing on me only because you're so cute. Don't let it happen again." He threatened good-naturedly, eliciting a chuckle from the youngest.

      "Oh, by the way, this is Chan, our newest addition to the family." Hyungwon gestured to the male standing next to him. He gave a dimpled smile that already had Felix swooning. He sent a small, awkward smile in response. "This is Felix, he's a regular here, so you better get to memorizing his order." Hyungwon joked. A small awkward silence ensued, but for Felix, it seemed like decades were passing by the second, so naturally, he escaped.

      "W-well uh, it-it was nice meeting you," Felix shuffles with nervous energy. "I-I'm- I'm going to go f-finish my coffee." He bowed just head and practically sprinted back to his secluded corner and proceeded to overthink that entire interaction.

      The freckled male finished his drink in record time and tried to making escape, but a voice had stopped him.

      "Hey Felix, make sure to come back this time, yeah?" He gave a small smile, nodding and stealing one last quick glance from the curly haired male on his way out.

The silver bells jingled from behind him.

•°。☆。°.°•

{Media: Thornless Rose~Love at First Sight.}

Welcome to the train wreck I call my first fanfic :)) I cant wait to see how this story goes bc honestly I have no idea where it's headed as of right now.

This chapter was much shorter than I thought it would be lmao sorry abt that

sorry abt that

Bye bye!