Chapter 1 'Always and Forever'

3rd Person

Elijah Mikaeslon vamp sped onto a balcony.

"Well, well, well, what have we here," said Marcel Gerard. Walking to the witches with his Girlfriend, Hylie by his side. " I got to tell you, Soph, this street corner is not proving the luckiest spot for your family tonight." Vampires hiss at the witches surrounding the body of a family member.

"Not half an hour ago we had to teach your sister a little lesson," mentioned Hylie Masahayule separating from her boyfriend's body.

"We're putting her to rest, Marcel and Hylie. Leave us alone" Sophie Devereaux said with tear-stained cheeks.

"Neither of us said you could move the body," Marcel told the young witch. "matter of fact we left her here for a reason, send a message," Hylie said.

"if anybody is thinking of joining some kind of rebellion, our rules state that witches can't practice magic in the quarter, and yet a little birdie informed us that Jane-Anne was cooking up something magically delicious," Marcel spoke. Elijah looked at Marcel and Hylie, interested.

"Oh yeah, while we have you, quick Q&A. Our old friend, the hybrid, Klaus, he just so happened to show up out of the blue asking for, of all people, Jane-Anne. Any idea why?" Hylie informed.

"I don't know. Witches don't get involved in vampire business." Sophie answered.

"Mm, that would be pretty stupid, that's for sure. Tell you what, go back to the restaurant, cook up some of that famous gumbo and keep those tourists happy." Marcel said.

"Take the body," said Hylie. Sophie pushed a vampire as he tried picking up her sisters body. He caught Sophie into a choke hold. "We're gonna hold onto your sister's body in case maybe you remember why Klaus is here," Hylie stated walking towards Marcel, hugging into his side.

"Marcel, Hylie, please. Her body won't be at peace." Sophie said with tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

"Not our problem," said Marcel in a sing-song voice.

"Toodles" Shouted Hylie with a smirk on her face, walking away with Marcel and the other Vampires.

Hylie's POV

Marcel and I were at the compound with our vampires waiting for our midnight feast. Marcel saw Klaus and dragged me to him.

"Hey man, where'd you run off to? Oh somebody put you in a mood" Marcel said noticing the look on the hybrids face. "What can I do?" he asked.

"What you can do is tell me about this thing you have with the witches" Klaus said looking me up and down. I rolled my eyes at him.

"You know he owes you everything hes got, but im afraid he has to draw the line on this one. This is our business. We control the witches in our town. Let's just leave it at that," I spoke up.

"Your town?" Klaus asked. "Damn straight" Replied Marcel.

"Ha! Thats funny because when I left one hundred years ago you were just a pathetic, scrapper still trembling from the lashes of the whips of those who would keep you down, and now look at you, master of your domain" Klaus laughed gently. The music had stopped and everyone was now looking at Klaus. I was holding onto Marcels arm. "Prince and Princess of the city, i'd like to know how," he said looking at me weirdly.

"Why?" I asked curiously. "You Jealous?"

"Hey man I get it, three hundred years ago you helped build a backwater penal colony into something, you started it but then you left. Actually, you ran from it. I saw it through, look around. Vampires rule this city now! Hylie and I got rid of the werewolves, we even found a way to shut down the witches. The blood never stops flowing, and the party never ends. You want to pass on through? You wanna stay a while? Great. What's our is yours. But it is mine – my home, my family my rules," Marcel said.

"and if someone breaks those rules?" Klaus asked. "They die" I told him rolling my eyes at this Hybrid.

"Mercy is for the weak, you taught me that, too. And we're not the prince and princess of the Quarter, friend. We're the King and Queen! Show us some respect!" Marcel sorta yelled. I giggled gently before putting on my emotionless face. It was silent for a moment before Klaus bites one of our vampires from the Inner Circle.

"You're friend will be dead by the weekend, which means I've broken one of your rules, and yet, I can't be killed. I am immortal!" Mentioned Klaus. "Who has the power now friend?" he asked Marcel.

{time skip}

"You find him and then you call me. Don't worry I know how to deal with Klaus." Said Marcel before hanging up. I was sitting on his lap facing him.

"is that so? Please elaborate." said a voice.

"Elijah Mikaelson." our vampires stood up. "No, I got it, it's all good." Marcel finished.

"Its time we had a little chat, without the girl," this Elijah said. I turned around to face him.

"I'm very comfortable here. You may speak boys" I spoke.

"Well if you're gonna talk, talk. My babe and I got things to do," said Marcel.

"oh, my, you have grown quite confident over the last century, haven't you?" Elijah asked.

"Me? Id say its you and your brother who got cocky, come to our town like you own the place."

"well we did own the town, once. We were all quite happy here as I recall. Although we could never control those pesky witches at the French Quarter. How do you do it?" Elijah asked briefly.

"mm. Youre brother asked us the same question. We gave him the same answer. Its our business. Everything in the Quarter is our business. Klaus comes into town all nice and friendly. Then he starts looking down his nose at what we've done like its some type of cheap knock off or one of his dumb paintings. And then he gets pissed off like a little bitch and bites one of our guys" I said pissed off.

"Well I do apologise for Klaus' poor behaviour. I assume you know that bite will kill your friend within a matter of days. Of course, Niklaus' blood would cure him." Elijah says. "What?" I ask. "Yes. Apparently, the blood of the hybrid will cure a werewolf bite. Quite a handy little thing when one needs leverages in a negotiation." Elijah spoke again.

"what kind of negotiations are we talking about?" Marcel asked looking at me.

"Return the body of the witch Jane-Anne, allow her people to put her to rest."

"what do you care about the witches?" I asked.

"Well that's my business now isn't it" Elijah said smirking.

{Time Skip}

Klaus bit into his wrist and poured it into a glass. Marcel smiled widely as Klaus grabbing the glass and passing it to one of the day walkers.

"you're welcome in the French Quarter anytime, my friend." Marcel told him. I rolled my eyes. Why would Marcel be so nice, he doesn't want to be friend with Klaus. Welp.

{time skip}

Marcel and I entered the church attic, hand in hand. We walked up to Davina.

"i assume its all quiet out there," he said smiling.

"the witches know better than to use magic. They know I can sense it when they do. What about the old ones? They're dangerous and I don't want them to hurt either one of you." She said seriously.

"the originals. Davina, as powerful as you are, they don't stand a chance." I told her.