Chapter 2 'House of the Rising Son'

'the city of New Orleans, people of all stripes and flavours from all over the country come here to part on our streets. Some are just looking for fun, some are looking for something a little darker, more dangerous. So we invite them into my home, and we give it to them. Then at the stroke of midnight, everything changes, and its time to feed.'

Hylie's POV

"This is how we keep our guys happy, the occasional all-you-can-eat buffet. Our nightwalkers love it. Got them working hard trying to earn one of these daylight rings. They deserve to blow off a little steam. Our daywalkers, the trusted few, the just like to party" Marcel said. I hugged into his side watching our vampires feeding.

"its quite an operation. Tell me, what about the victims? Seems like a lot of graves to dig," asked Klaus.

"cant kill them all. Too many folks go missing, tourism drops, so we heal them with a little vamp blood, erase their memory, send them on their way, no muss, no fuss," I told Klaus.

"I'm impressed." Klaus said.

"nothing I didn't learn from you back in the day." Marcel told him.

"Hylie. Marcel." A voice called from beside us. I looked towards it to see one of our guys walking towards us.

"what's up Thierry?" Marcel asked him.

"6 of our guys were killed in a bar outside of the Quarter, Nightwalkers. No one saw who." Said Thierry. Marcel looked down, kissing my forehead gently.

{Time Skip}

I was sitting on Marcels lap at the bar, facing the table. He was pouring us shots. Klaus walked in and headed straight to us.

"well, this is a far cry from last night's party." Marcel pointed at Camille, my best friend. "Ahh, in pursuit of the bartender from Rousseau's, I see."

"She's a work in progress," said Marcel smirking. I turned around and faced him. I gave him the 'excuse me, I'm your girlfriend' look.

"and yet here you are, pining over her, when you should be eating her for lunch. Lets not forget you have a lovely girlfriend sitting on your lap right now" Klaus mentioned. I glared at him.

"Business first. The coroner called. He's got our number in case any dead tourists show up." Marcel informed Klaus.

Klaus said "let me guess. Dead tourists with a stamp on their hand and vampire blood in their veins."

"It happens. Someone takes a drunken tumble off a balcony or into the Mississippi, and today, we got two of them to deal with." I said. Marcel looked towards Cami while I just roll my pretty little eyes into the back of my pretty little head.

"Excuse me, love. What's that your studying?" Klaus asked.

"Abnormal Psychology," Cami told Klaus.

"Abnormal Psychology. Well. Perhaps you could help me diagnose my friend over here. He's been a little bit depressed. Cant keep his mind off a girl. He tells me she's a queen fit for a king. I think he should cut his losses and move on. What's your professional opinion?" Klaus asked Cami. I was looking in-between her and Marcel the entire time, they were smiling at each other.

"Be a nice guy, and maybe the opportunity will present itself someday." Cami said smiling at me.

"How about tonight, 9 O, clock. I'll meet you right here." Marcel asked Cami. I got up from his lap crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'll take it under consideration." Cami said before opening the door leaving. I looked at Marcel.

"Well, are you happy? 'Cause you're girlfriend just watched you ask a girl out. You know I can do some serious damage Marcel." I told him.

"hmm. Harsh" Marcel said walking over to me. He kissed me on the lips with the same amount of I've and passion as always. I melted into the kiss.

Hylie's POV (she was with Davina while Marcel was with Klaus with the two humans in transformation)

"I don't know what to do Davina. He asked Cami out right in front of me." I told her while she drew.

"Its going to be okay Hylie, Marcel loves you. Always has, always will. That's why he promised you that you will be queen of New Orleans." She said finishing her drawing and hugged me tightly.

Soon we heard Marcel tell Davina and I to invite someone in. we walked and saw Rebekah.

"Invite her in please Hylie and Davina." He said giving me a kiss on the lips.

"come in" Davina and I said at the same time.

"I wouldn't do that." Davina said and I pushed the dagger into Elijah with magic.

"Who the hell are you?" Rebekah asked.

"I'm Hylie, this is my daughter Davina"

"she's an old one isn't she?" Davina asked Marcel while I glared at Rebekah.

"Yeah Rebekah is an original, which means she can't be killed." Marcel said holding me against his chest.

"she doesn't seem very nice," said Davina. I giggled gently.

"She can be, but she hasn't been very nice to me tonight." Marcel said.

"Then I'm afraid its time for you to leave" I told Rebekah before Davina and I banged her against the walls for a second before throwing her out the window making sure to make her forget where Davina was. We smiled at each other before I left with Marcel. "Bye D" I said. "Bye Mom" she said back.

"Welcome back, Rebekah, you were out for quite a while." Marcel said kissing my neck.

"where am I? Who did I get here?" she asked.

"You upset Davina and me" I told her.

"im glad you three finally got to meet. Now you know what you're dealing with." Marcel told her before going back to kissing my neck.

"is this my old room?" Rebekah asked.

"oh its ours now. Just like this town is ours, Davina's ours, and Elijah's ours until we feel like giving him back. What was once yours, what was once your brothers, its now ours." I said. "and don't ever touch my girls again." Marcel says before Vamp speeding us to our room.