Chapter Four

There was a knock on my bedroom door. "Jorgie?" I heard Jorga from the other side of the door. "You need to wake up. School starts in thirty minutes. I put your notebooks and other supplies in your backpack. I am just waiting for you."

I was already awake as plain as day and heard every word and the footsteps that faded away. When my sister had left, I forced a low groan to escape from my throat and rolled out of bed. Thud! I made contact with the floor and was on my stomach. I stayed in that position for about two minutes, my arms to the sides and my legs spread out.

I was tired. I had trouble falling asleep last night and had only rested for an hour early this morning. I just wanted to relax my body some more. I wanted to climb back in bed and forget about school, but I did not want to tell Jorga that I was unable to sleep. She would definitely let me stay at home and catch up on my beauty sleep. I was her first priority because of my diagnosis. Therefore, she had much on her plate. Too much. I did not desire to make it harder for her than it already was. Besides, my lack of sleep was likely due to Tenomeya, and today at school, auditions were being held to enter the drama club.

You see, I have always had a passion for acting since I was four years old and possibly even singing, even though that I am not a good singer, but I wish that I was. I am now six years old and thought that my dream to be an actress was going to come true. Our school - my sister and I go to the same school, for it is the only school in Forlot - started working on getting a drama program since last year. We had other programs, such as music and art, but never a drama club.

Until now.

This was my chance. To show the world that you can do anything even with conditions and disabilities. I wanted to be a role model for others, especially kids, who thought that they were defective.

Little did I realize that I was going to be that role model.

I got up and quickly put on my favorite clothes. My blue, short-sleeved shirt, my beige pants, and my tennis shoes.

I walked up to my dresser and looked in the huge mirror. I squinted as I brushed my curly hair and put it in a ponytail. I always have my hair be put in a ponytail except when I am lying in bed and sleeping.

Even though that I was excited to audition for the drama club, I did not seem happy. There was no smile on my face. Why? Today marks the day that I had multiple panic attacks and lost my eyesight. Yeah. I had three more panic attacks after visiting the doctor, and I could still see, however, my vision was blurry. Dr. O'Fallon suggested that I buy glasses and see if that would work, but Jorga and I explained to him that our parents are the ones who have the money and will not spend any of it on me.

You are probably wondering now how I have my own clothes, school supplies, and other accessories. Well, Jorga spends money that she earns from bake sales and lemonade stands on me and even had set up a fundraiser account for me because of my rare diagnosis. She has raised over a million dollars, especially from such generous people who have supported me from the beginning.

I was and am still graceful for my sister and all the kindness that those people could give. Thanks to them, I now have a pair of glasses. But I have to admit. The glasses that Jorga bought for me are ugly. They are an ugly brown, and the frames are so narrow. But I should not and will not complain. I am just blessed that I have glasses.

The glasses were lying on top of my dresser. I picked them up and slid them on. They look good on me though.

After having a quick breakfast and taking a long walk - the school is pretty far from our house - we finally arrived to our school. I was in second grade, and my sister was in the fourth grade.

"Sis?" I spoke in a high-pitched voice. "Will you help me again...find my classroom and locker?"

"Absolutely," she answered. "All the teachers here know that you have Tenomeya and that I help you a lot. My fourth grade teacher is always okay with me being late to class to help you. My cute and wonderful sister."

I giggled softly at what she said about me. I do not know what I would do without her.

We went up to some lockers, and Jorga pointed to mine.

"This is your locker," she said as she opened it and pointed to the inside. "Take out your stuff and place your backpack in your locker."

"Okay."

I pulled out my notebooks and pencil box and set them on the floor. That was when a woman came over to me.

"Hello," the woman greeted.

I was holding my backpack by the straps, and my sister and I looked up at her.

"Hi," I said sweetly.

"Who are you?" Jorga asked. "I have not seen you around this school."

The woman smiled and nodded. "That is because I am a new teacher here. I am Ms. Dia. I am the teacher of the drama club." She looked down at me. "Are you Jorgie? Jorgie Special?"

"Yes." I stuffed my backpack in my locker. "Why do you want to know?"

"Well...I was wondering if you would like to join the drama club."