/CHAPTER 3/

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!" Jason yelled excitedly as he counted the wads of cash, he rubbed it on his face. I rolled my eyes, drinking from the whiskey bottle.

"Move over." I said, Jason scooted on the couch, still drooling over the money.

"How are you not excited?" Jason asked.

"Because, half of that money doesn't belong to us, we owe it to the boss." I repiled, I bent down snorting up off the coffee table. I rubbed my face, groaning.

"Are they coming back?" Jason asked, studying my reaction.

"They're getting louder. It takes more to quiet them now." I repiled, my voice scratchy and quiet.

"Maybe..... if you just..... let them... come?" Jason said hesitantly.

"No..." I snapped. "I already told you, I can't do that."

"Dick, if you keep trying to keep them out your going to end up overdosing again, you might die." Jason argued.

"I can't do that either remember." I whispered under my breath. Jason sighed, leaning back patting his brother on the back. An interrupting knock at the door got our undivided attention.

_______
A few hours earlier....

"How are we supposed to be able to find these guys, if the greatest detective in the world doesn't even know their names." Wally complained as they walked down the sidewalks of Gotham dressed as Civilians.

"We ask around, someone has to know something." A short boy with black glasses on says, (Red Robin).

"Like who? Are we just supposed to walk in to gangs and start asking questions? That's a great way to get yourself killed." Wally added.

"Look, their drug dealers, and probably junkies themselves, so we go to the known drug hangouts, see if anyone as heard or seen them." The kid shrugged.

"Well, Robin, you're from Gotham, show us the way." Aqualad said. The others followed behind him. Megan, a red headed girl, jumped at every sound that came from the alleys they passed, she would squeal when a cat jumped in or out of the dumpster.

They approached an abandoned building, slipping in through the boarded up windows. They stepped over the trash that cluttered the ground. Used needles, beer cans and bottles, the building reeked of alcohol and waste. It was truly disgusting. The team walked through the rooms, up the broken stairs, they passed people who were laying on the ground, hiding in the corners, taking to themselves.

"You.... don't belong here." One of them slurred as they walked into the main room upstairs. Red Robin hurried over to him, he was leaning against the wall, clearly high.

"We need information." He said quickly, "Do you know where we can find the Bird Boys?"

The man turned his head, "Hey, hey! Hey Alex!" Another man who they thought was sleeping popped his head up. "Do you know where they can find the Bird Boys?" He repeated the question. Alex thought for a second.

"My sister might." He said after a long moment of silence.

"Great. Where is she?" Wally said trying to get straight to the point.

"She works at the corner of Welps and Horton. She should be there now." He informed them.

"Thank you so much." Alex waved as they ran off.

"You know the boys will kill them right?" Alex said laying his head back down.

"Oh, yeah, they're all dying."