Chapter 11

Maddie followed Natasha to her room, wondering why the Assassin wanted to talk to her alone. She felt great after the fight, the blood flowing in her veins, adrenaline starting to fade, the feeling of using your body giving her a sort of high. She wanted to go! where or how or why she didn't know, she just had that burst of energy you get right after a light work out. If she hadn't had more self control and discipline, she would have been bouncing up and down or skipping.     

        Natasha held the door open for Maddie, and sat in the girl's chair, while Maddie took the bed. They faced each other in the silence. Two females who should have been bitter enemies and trying to kill each other on sight sat across from the other, calmly. Black Widow, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s best Assassin, in the same room as Nightshade, HYDRA's best. They should have been on opposing sides, each seeking to destroy the other. Instead, they looked in each other's eyes, asking a silent question. One was older and one was younger. One was the best and one was better. Both had specific skill sets. Both had so much in common, and so many things that should have torn them apart. Natasha broke the silence.

 "Just tell me one thing." She said, her eyes narrowing slightly in that peculiar way when a Widow wanted to know something. Maddie meet the Widow's gaze, face blank. "Tell you what?" She asked cautiously, not knowing what the other Widow had in mind. "How old where you when they got their hands on you?" Natasha asked, wanting to know just how long this girl had been training. Maddie looked away, not wanting the woman to see the emotion's in her eyes. 

"I was four." She said, and Natasha dropped the subject. HYDRA was not something easy to talk about, and Natasha didn't want to push her. "That was a lot younger then when they recruited me." She said, opening up a little to the girl. Natasha knew that there where somethings she hadn't been able to talk about with Clint, that she could tell Maddie. And Natasha wasn't stupid enough to think that she was over the ordeal. Maddie could be a help to her. 

"How old where you?" Maddie asked, wondering why the woman was trusting her, opening up to her. The red haired Russian straitened. "I was Twelve." She, her voice dropping uncharacteristically. Maddie saw the Assassin's green eyes go dark and she felt a bond with the older Widow that hadn't been there before. This woman knew what it was like to go through that place, especially as a female. Natasha had been through the same thing has her. 

A fist banged on the door, and Maddie's gun was out and in her hand, pointed at the door. Natasha gently pushed her hand down, the gun muzzle sinking towards the floor. "No one wants to hurt you." She said gently, a side of her showing that she thought she didn't have. Maddie froze, startled by the tone of voice, the gentle touch, the kindness coming from the woman. Natasha opened the door cautiously, afraid that Maddie might lash out. 

"Can I come in?" Sam asked, his blond hair disheveled. "I want to talk to Maddie." Natasha got the silent message and she left. Maddie watched her go, tensing as Sam shut the door behind him. His brown eyes where dark with some emotion she couldn't place. "Maddie." He murmured, stepping towards her.

 "I'm sorry for blowing up on you." He said, reaching out to brush a strand of hair from her face. Maddie's stomach tightened as he touched her and it became hard to breath. He stepped closer, brown eyes dark with sadness. "Say something." He breathed. Maddie looked away, swallowing. the tension grew, it was almost painful. She couldn't stay mad at her other half. 

"Apology excepted. " She muttered jokingly, throat dry. Sam pulled her chin around and up, smashing his lips onto hers. She kissed him back, hard. The tension between the two of them had reached a breaking point and they kissed desperately,  hungrily. Maddie could only stay mad at him for only so long before the tension became to much for either of them to handle. They had been through hell together, and fighting with the other, was like fighting with yourself. Maddie slipped her hands through his hair, tugging gently as the kiss became deeper. She felt his arms slip around her waist, pulling her closer. His muscled frame was pressed tightly against her and he held her tightly. He slipped his tongue into her mouth and they fought for dominance, the kiss becoming more passionate. Maddie knew that everything was going to be ok. They pulled apart for air and Maddie managed a single breath before he was kissing her again. She broke the kiss, thinking that if she didn't get air she would pass out from lack of oxygen. 

"Better?" He asked her, leaning his forehead against hers. Maddie could only gasp for air like a fish. Sam chuckled, sitting down on the chair and pulling her with him. She slipped her legs around him, hands tangling in his hair as their breathe's mingled. Maddie felt his hands running up her back, then cup her neck, pulling her closer, kissing her. His fingers ran through her blond hair and Maddie felt like she was dying as suddenly broke the kiss and started to kiss her jaw line. His lips tickled her skin, making her shiver and she gripped his hair tighter. Sam smirked at her, loving the fact that he could do this to her. His lips slid gently across hers, teasing. Maddie refused to make a sound as he kissed her neck, hard. Her back arched, giving away her pleasure at his kiss. 

"Stop!" She hissed desperately as he gave her a teasing grin. His hands roamed across her stomach, giving her chills as he leaned in and kissed her. There was no way in hell she was going to admit she loved this. His hands slipped up her shirt and it took  everything she had to keep from groaning in pleasure as his hands drifted across her skin, creeping closer to her bra. In that moment, Maddie knew what it would be like to lose control. She pulled away as someone knocked on the door, getting gracefully off his lap. She opened the door, gun in hand. Wanda stood at the door. 

"It's time to eat." She said softly, her gaze never meeting Maddie's. Maddie nodded as Sam came up behind her. Wanda turned and left quickly, and Maddie followed, Sam in tow.