Snow Love Letters

Characters:
Momomiya Seigyoku 桃宮 静玉
Souen Mikado 早園 帝
Souen Masato 早園 正人

"When I grow up," the seven-year-old me chirped excitedly as she tightly clings onto the elder boy, "I'm going to be Masa-nii's bride!"  

Big Brother Masato submissively reacts to my exaggerated actions, placing his large hands over my cheeks, gently squishing and molding it in his warm hands.

"Of course you will! I won't ever give such an adorable and precious girl to any other guys!" he said, poking my now blushing red button nose.  

-That's a lie-  

Mikado, Masa-nii's younger brother glared in irritation at how overly affectionate we were towards each other. Masa-nii gave him a smug look, "that includes you, Mikado" he said, grinning teasingly.  

Mikado puffed out his flushing cheeks, sulking, staring at us before looking away.  

"As if I would want to be all chummy with an ugly girl like her!" he said standing up and stomping off in fit of rage.  

Both I and Masa-nii stared at him dumbstruck.  

A child I was, my eyes blurred with water as my previously bright and cheery face distorted into an unpleasant crying one, tears rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably.  

My shoulders shook as I wipe away my tears with my small hands which seem to be unable to stop my own tears to stop. My eyes closed tight and mouth ajar, I bawled with my utmost power.  

I cried and cried and finally noticed the surprising silence surrounding me. Masa-nii isn't doing anything... He isn't comforting me... I felt disappointed, but of course as a child I didn't realize that feeling. When I opened my eyes, I found Masa-nii curled into a ball.

His knees was brought closer to his chest by his intertwined arms and his head was bowed low and hidden between his knees, his arms and his hair. 

He looked up slowly, staring at me with sad eyes.

"Sei... If Sei is sad, Masa-nii will be sad too you know?" Masa-nii spoke to the young me with his gentlest voice.

I didn't know what triggered it but I ended up crying harder, seeking for his warmth and apologizing to Masa-nii repeatedly.

Even so, Masa-nii embraced me gently. His large hands rubbed softly against my head and back as he whispered calming and soothing words to calm me down.  

"There, there. You don't have to cry anymore Sei, Masa-nii will always be there for you."

-I wish that was true-

Words were stuck in my throat as I cried but who knew that I will never have the chance to say it to him. Ever.

-I love you, Masa-nii-  

"Masa-nii," twelve-year-old me called out to the university student busying himself in the kitchen, "did a friend of yours come over? I saw a pair of shoes I've never seen before..."

Noticing me, Masa-nii replied, "welcome back Sei," he said cheerfully exiting the kitchen with a tray of drinks and snacks, stopping by to speak to me.

"I suppose I can call her a friend? A special friend! Yeap, that's it! Well, I'm quite busy today Sei, so enjoy studying with Mikado! Both of you are now junior high schoolers so you have to study hard, got it?" He said quickly and excitedly before climbing up the flight of stairs swiftly and slipped into his room.