injury and tears>>6

unedited
i'll probably add on to this later

i sit on the damp grass, the morning dew leaving wet circles hugging my jeans close to my knees.

i run my fingers through the short blades of grass, the water droplets sticking to my finger tips. the droplets running down my fingers and crawling across my wrist.

"perth!" glenn swiftly rushes over to me, fixing the cap on his head "you should come inside and eat"

"i'm not hungry" i look up at him, squinting my eyes through the brights rays of the sun.

"you're still weak, and you need food" glenn crouches to my height "do i need to get rick?"

"no! no, i'll be in in a minute" i reply, rubbing at my eyes.

"now. you're not supposed to even be out here this long anyway. you need to be inside, resting, eating. c'mon" glenn grabs my hand and lifts me up easily.

i sigh shakily and limp back towards the house with him.

"can you make it up these few steps?" he asks softly.

"yes glenn, i'm fine" i grab the railing and step forward, pushing myself up.

i let out a grunt as i stumble to the floor.

"perth! woah, hold on a second!" glenn shouts.

"i- oh g-god" i mutter out.

"glenn! what's going on?!" t-dog rushes out, maggie following behind.

"it's nothing! i just tripped." i scrunch up my nose and sit back on the step.

"no! you collapsed and you need to rest, like a told you!" glenn holds my arm carefully.

"i swear, i'm fine!" i huff out.

"come here sweety, we need to check up on you" maggie says, lifting me in her arms.

"i swear-"

"no buts. we're checking you now" maggie adjusts me quickly before taking me upstairs "you can even stay in the room next to daryl's"

i sit back in her arms and let her carry me up the stairs.

she soon reaches a room, the door cracked slightly allowing her to push it open with her hip.

she sits me down on the soft bed, adjusting the pillows under my head.

she pulls the shoes from my feet, rolling up my pants.

"what were you doing outside today?" she questions.

"getting some fresh air" i reply quietly.

"you shouldn't have been out there for so long though" maggie says, looking at my leg closer.

"you need to stay indoors for a few days, wait for the swelling to go down" maggie looks up at me.

"but-"

"no buts! rest." maggie raises a brow at me "i'll be back with some food"

maggie stands up, silently closing the door behind her as she leaves.

i stare at the clock hanging on the wall as the ticking sound fills the empty space. picking at my nails as i listen to the quiet conversations going on downstairs.

i push the covers off of my body and throw my legs over the bed, pushing myself off, silently standing to my full height.

i carefully step towards the door, pushing it open, quickly peering outside, when i see nobody in the hallway i continue to leave silently, walking a few steps to my left before silently pushing open the door.