6/Russian Roulette/6

Violence, suicidal themes.

I quickly wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER TWO HUNDRED READSSSSSS!

And 51 votes! 

And 199 comments~!

Anyway, let's read the story.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Russian Roulette
/noun/ • "The practice of loading a bullet into one chamber of a revolver, spinning the cylinder, and then pulling the trigger while pointing the gun at one's own head."

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ 6 █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

"It's been hard, but I'm really excited," Alicia, Jungkook's girlfriend said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Well, I congratulate you," I said, smiling politely.

"Thank you," she said, returning a tiny smile. "So, how've you been, Tae?"

"Eh, same old, same old," I said quietly.

"How's Jennie?" she asked, not knowing how dangerous of a question that was.

The mention of her made me want to get up and leave right then and there, but I fought to maintain my composure.

"I-I don't know. I haven't seen her in six years," I said. "She went missing."

"Oh shit, I'm sorry, Taehyung," she said sympathetically.

I shook my head. "No, no. I'm sure she'll show up again someday."

Alicia gave me a small, pathetic smile.
"You're right, Taehyung. Just...keep your head held high."

I smiled softly and nodded, taking another swig of my drink.

"Aren't you hungry?" Jungkook asked.

"Ah, no, no, I had dinner with–," I stopped mid sentence, realizing what I was about to say. "I already had dinner."

Jungkook smirked. "With? With who~?"

Shit. I wasn't ready to tell him about the one night stand drama.

"..........Jimin," I said the first name other than yours that came to mind.

Jungkook cracked a huge bunny smile at me. "You did? Really?!"

I smiled hugely, and falsely. "Yeah! You know, Jimin's really a great guy....I'm glad we made up."

Jimin? Great? Bullshit.

"I am too," Jungkook said, sighing happily. "Now we can go back to the way things were."

The way things were? We'd never be able to go back to that.

Not after..........

"Do it," he begged, his voice quiet, and raspy. "Please, Taehyung..."

The second sentence came out barely above a whisper, the raw emotion in his two words almost pushing me over the edge.