01|rich bitch ♕

To win over the locals, the construction company funded four scholarships to study at Las Encinas

To win over the locals, the construction company funded four scholarships to study at Las Encinas. We were the lucky ones...

Speeding down the streets she dodges cars. The wind pushes her hair off her face, as the wheels make a neat clicking sound on the cracks of the cement below her. Her body glides with freedom as it follows the rhythm of the music. She leans left and right commanding the board, small spins and one, two steps along the longboard as she dances. 

This was her solace when she could step on the board and become the conductor of her journey. To get lost in the music, as the world becomes a blur and the cars an obstacle to avoid. 

School was not Daniela's favorite place. A well-known fact that everyone in San Esteban High knew, as she was seen complaining all eight hours of the day.  And she really couldn't help it, it wasn't her fault that she lacked motivation. 

It was to her dismay and her mother's joy that she was offered a scholarship to the most prestigious school in all of Spain. She'd rather got to a school five miles away than to go towards an exclusive place were Valentino isn't much of a big deal. 

"Daniela! Off the skateboard!" Daniela barely heard the scolding tone of her friend, Nadia as she wheeled in circles in front of the building. 

One foot in front of the other, lean right and twirl.

 Another reprimanding glare from the Muslim girl- a final warning before she took the board away. With an exaggerated sigh, Daniela hit the pause button on her music mindlessly wrapping her earphones before aggressively shoving them into her blazer. 

She furrowed her thick eyebrows in annoyance, "C'mon Nadia, the school hasn't even started." The girl only quirked her eyebrows indicating for her to sit on the stair. Like a child she obediently picked up her board and sat down next to Samuel, her feet swishing the board side to side a small pout on her face.

A few moments passed before she turned towards the daydreaming boy. "Oye, Samuel who else are we waiting for?" 

She waited a few seconds as her question went unanswered, with a roll of her eyes she slightly shoves Samuel successfully getting his attention. 

Samuel turns towards her a look of confusion. "What was that?"

"Who else are we waiting for?"She questions. 

Samuel opens his mouth about to respond to her question before a whistle gets the trio's attention.

"Samu!"