Chapter 5: Never Trust So Easily

Song Quote: So Am I
Do you ever feel like a misfit?
Everything inside you is dark and twisted Oh, but it's okay to be different 'Cause baby, so am I
Do you ever feel like an outcast?
You don't have to fit into the format
Oh, but it's okay to be different
'Cause baby, so am I"
~~~

Your Pov:
The boy started walking up to the door in an attempt to open it.

"Lloyd, wait" you stopped him as you grew wary of the atmosphere. "We shouldn't be sticking our heads into crypts like this. We have no idea what we could be getting ourselves into."

"It's okay (Y/n)" the young boy reassured explaining "They're the Anacondrai, a race of Serpentine that is the most powerful of all the tribes."

"That's a great reason NOT to open that" you argued not knowing much about the race of lifeforms.

"Relax, it's okay. Once we set them free they'll follow our orders because we'll be seen as their saviors" Lloyd explained trying to ease you "Then we will get revenge on the ninja for being so mean!"

Before you could stop the child he already pushed open the set of wooden doors.
They practically flew open from his touch and light poured into the old crypt.

You gasped seeing the amount of bones on the floor. Your mind putting together whom those belonged to.

"It's okay (Y/n), I'll protect you" Lloyd smiled taking your hand leading the way with his little flashlight.

"I'm worried, not afraid" you thought eyes glazing over the vast amount of bones. It almost seemed disrespectful to step over them.

As the young boy dragged you deeper into the crypt you were on the defense. Something slithered on your neck making your instincts react.

Turning around you grabbed whatever it was pinning it to the ground.

"My sincerest apologies for scaring you madame" the purple serpentine hissed out between compressed breaths. "I tend to have this effect on people."

You squeezed tighter staring into his glowing violet eyes with suspicion.

"(Y/n) let him go" Lloyd asked grabbing your raised fist "We came here for him."

Sighing you relented for the child getting off the Anacondrai but still had your guard up.

"Once again, sorry for spooking you" the snake apologized as he dusted himself off.

"What happened here?" Lloyd asked gesturing to all of the remains.

"Poor, unfortunate souls" the Anacondrai sighed "All those years, locked away with nothing to eat. Must have slowly starved away until they were just scales and bones."

"Who might you two be?" He asked eyeing you both with his violet gaze.

"I'm Lloyd Garmadon. Son of Lord Garmadon and future dark ruler" Lloyd introduced himself and grabbed your hand "This is (Y/n) and she is my partner in crime."

The serpent chuckled in amusement "How deliciously evil" he replied humoring the boy "If I had feet, ooh, I'd be trembling in my boots."

Lloyd tilted his head asking "And uh, who are you?"

"Humbly, I am Pythor P. Chumsworth" the Anacondrai introduced and bowed showing some manners. "And since you two freed me, I am eternally in your service."

"Really? You're not gonna trick me?" Lloyd asked with some suspicion as he held your hand.

Pythor smirked "Oh, why would I trick you? I hardly have any friends" he replied looking around the room only making you more suspicious.