Chapter 21

Layla's POV

My eyes slowly opened only to find that I was back in that strange tunnel and I was once again watching the events taking place in front of me in the woods that were becoming way too familiar for my liking.

Banging on the clear glass window that surrounded me I tried with all of my power to get back into my physical body but nothing was working and I had no choice but to sit back and watch whatever was bound to take place.

Looking down at my body I realised that it was not the only one lying uncomfortably on the cold, hard ground; Elena, Damon, Stefan, Klaus and Katherine were also laid unconscious in front of me.

Realisation cleared my brain quickly as I figured out what exactly was going on. I refused to say it though, I just couldn't believe it. Not now, it wasn't meant to happen now, everything is going wrong.

Watching the bodies closely for any sign of life I barely took notice of my surroundings, not the best move I'm sure.

It was quiet in the woods for a while before a soft rustling could be heard approaching the bodies in front of me quickly snapping my attention back into place and making me stiffen up in fear, anger and apprehension.

Everyone was unconscious and I'm pretty sure that something big was going to happen, I couldn't just sit back and watch as all of my family and friends are killed right in front of me. I couldn't let that happen and my attempts to escape this unrealistic realm increased ten fold.

My attempts stopped in their tracks as a bunch of werewolves emerged from the tree line growling softly under their breathe as they looked at the vampires in front of them. 

What got me the most though was the male figure at the forefront of it all; Vincent.

Seeing him here just made me even more desperate to escape, I couldn't let him do what I thought he was going to, not if I can help it any way.

Vincent and his minions stopped a feet in front of all the bodies watching in tense silence as nothing happened, all was quiet...too quiet.

Before I knew what happened the wind around us slowly started to increase being joined shortly by buckets full of rain falling down around us soaking everything through to the skin.

The wind was awful; ripping through the trees to get to the few bodies in it's natural home, almost a warning for us to leave and never come back but it mistakenly had just set the fate for everything in this small clearing.

The storm got more worse seeming as if it was never really going to end but it seemed Vincent was barely feeling any of the effects of this as he turned to talk to one of the werewolves next to him that hadn't shifted yet.

From my spot above them I couldn't really make out what they were saying and that just made me even more worried not just for my safety but for theirs.

Glancing between all my loved ones on the ground and Vincent I couldn't help but start screaming for them to wake up in my head. As a few of the wolves started advancing towards the bodies I realised that I was in fact screaming for them to wake up out loud but it seemed as if my attempts were futile until I saw a twitch.

It was the smallest of movements but it made my non-beating heart beat again faster than I could've ever imagined. 

Slowly almost painfully Damon started to get up, groaning lowly in his throat as he did making all of the advancing wolves stop only a few steps from their original standing place.

Since his attention was on his group Vincent didn't realise that one of the unconscious vampires was, well, not unconscious any more and looked very, very pissed off.

My eyes passed over Damon's form to make sure there weren't any fatal marks on him and mentally giving him the all clear my attention turned back to Vincent before snapping back behind Damon.

Stefan was stood up looking the most angry I had ever seen him actually scaring me slightly in my little enclosed imaginary box,

Both brothers looked at each other before looking down at my unconscious body growling loudly.

I must of looked a mess if they gave up the fact that they're awake.

Vincent spun around quickly, shock marring his features before they slipped into a cruel smile and a chuckle erupted out of his mouth.

Words were spoken between the three of them, growls erupting from my brothers throat before everything stopped.

Klaus and Katherine shot up from their positions on the ground basically at the same time, both of them looking around each other in confusion before meeting the eyes of Vincent who was once again looking in shock before trying to cover it up with arrogance.

Looks like someone didn't expect anyone to be waking up any time soon, aye?!

Everyone but Elena and I were awake now and I could see that waiting for me to make even the smallest movements was taking it's toll on Klaus.

I pray and pray that he doesn't do something stupid because I haven't woken up yet.

Slowly though, as they all stalled, I could hear my breathing increase before my leg twitched, then my arm and before any one could say abracadabra I was up next to my brothers and shooting a smile at Klaus.

I was happy that I was awake before I realised something; how could I be awake if I wasn't in my body?!

My body instantly went into panic mode as I realised that someone or something had possessed me and I could do nothing about it because I was stuck in this stupid box. God damn it.

The only person that hadn't woken up already was Elena but Stefan was too preoccupied with everything around him to realise that, or he was ignoring it so he didn't get himself and her killed at the same time.

As if a window was being opened I was able to hear what was going on below me but only just.

Straining my ears slightly I paid great attention to what everyone was saying.

"Aah, so the queen awakens." Vincent stated agitatedly.

Looks like someones plan really didn't go to plan.

"I'm hardly a queen but thank you. If I am you must be the peasant yes?" My body replied curtly causing a low snarl to rip out of Vincent's throat but what shocked me and everyone around me was my voice.

It wasn't mine and it just completely backed up the fact that someone had possessed my body and was now posing to be me.

Barely concentrating on that, I looked down at Klaus to see him staring at me in disbelief before whispering one word that almost knocked me over.

"Lillian." 

Almost as soon as he had said that Vincent shot forward towards Damon going straight for the heart but missing barely by an inch.

That seemed to be the cue that everyone needed to start a bloodbath as almost immediately after that everyone began fighting, werewolves against vampires.

I could see Stefan trying to protect Elena who still hadn't woken up but the wolves were using that to their advantage and he was being surrounded by them, all snapping their frothing mouths at him.

Screams echoed around me as I cried out in pain and fear at losing any of them, I couldn't just sit here and watch on while all of my family members were being killed off like a bunch of rats.

I had to do something, NOW!

Almost as soon as I screamed that thought in my head I felt as if an elastic band towards my body had been pinged and I was now directly in my body in the middle of the battle field where I had been stood from the very beginning.

Only now I was face to face with the person that was so set on killing me and everyone around me.

"Hello Vincent."

~

One more chapter then the epilogue! I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to split this chapter in two but I did so hopefully that was the right idea; hope you all like it! COMMENT VOTE FAN!